4

With school cancelled and his father at work, Kioshi spends the day trying to feel out his quirk. It's so entwined with his person that it's practically as invisible as he is.

However, he finally manages to grasp a trace of it. It's barely a faint feeling emitting from himself. The signals are undirected and random, similar to a busted pipe spraying water everywhere. He needs to figure out how to direct the water- signals in this case.

Focusing on the signals themselves doesn't do much. He mostly can just feel the strength of them, the direction they go. But focusing on where they come from, the source of his quirk, he can direct them minimally.

He's not entirely sure how well as they don't hide things from his own perception but he can definitely feel it. Now that he can, he knows he'll have to do it again and again to get better.

The next day, at school, he's ecstatic to tell Shinso that he figured it out. As he makes his way to his seat, he decides to wait for lunch. Homeroom begins with an important announcement.

"The annual Yuuei Sports Festival is coming up. This is an important opportunity for the hero students but also for those of you who would originally aimed for that course."

The teacher glances around the room before continuing. "There's a possibility that students who do well during the festival can go under review to be transferred to heroics. If any of you are hoping for that, do your best."

At the news, Kioshi sends a bright look to Shinso who gives the barest hint of a nod in return. Class passes quickly and soon it's time for lunch. The smaller boy begins talking as soon as they're seated at their table.

"I think I figured out how to direct the signals but I don't know how to test it out since it doesn't work on you."

Shinso glances around the room before nodding to a group of students.

"Direct them towards that blond kid's food. If it works, he'll probably look confused or something."

"Okay."

He focuses on the center of his quirk, directing the signals to the tray of food. It must work because seconds later he's looking around lost, before talking to his friends. When he stops directing the signals, the blond looks excited to see his food again albeit mildly confused.

"Looks like you figured it out just in time. It's bound to be useful during the festival if you're creative enough."

Kioshi smiles brightly. "Yeah, this is our chance. We're gonna transfer. Both of us will."

"Hopefully."

"Have a little faith."

"I prefer not getting my hopes up but I'll give it my best."

At the end of the day, everyone in the class decides to check out class 1-A. Since they were in a villain attack, they're obviously gonna be tough competition. Kioshi follows Shinso quietly, sticking to his side.

There's already a crowd of students around the classroom. A gruff voice speaks loudly from the doorway.

"They're checking us out before the big battle, dumbass. Though it's pointless to try, so why don't you just fuck off, ya goddamn mob."

He trails nervously behind the taller teen as they make their way to the front of the group before Shinso chimes in.

"We came to see what you kids are made of, true, but I didn't think you'd be this arrogant. Are all kids enrolled at The Department of Heroics this way?"

Theres a quiet yelp and two boys in the classroom appear to be shaking their heads nervously. Though, Kioshi's attention is on the ashy blond boy whose glare is directed at Shinso.

"I'm a bit disillusioned. So that's it, huh? There's a lot of kids who wind up in the General Education Department or other Departments because they failed the Heroics one."

The indigo haired teen rubs his neck before continuing.

"Did you know that? And based on the results of the Sports Festival, people can even come under review to be transferred to Heroics. And the reverse is also a possible outcome... Scoping out the competition? If nothing else, a General Ed kid like me is thinking-

-'Hey, why don't I try to pulling the rug out from under those Heroics kids while they're on their high horses?'"

Kioshi glances up anxiously at Shinso's closing statement.

"Consider it a declaration of war."

There's a brief, tense silence that's soon broken by another student jumping into the fray.

"Hey!! You!! I'm from Class B!!"

Before he can continue, Shinso walks off and Kioshi trails behind him. They're silent before the smaller teen speaks up quietly.

"A declaration of war? Wouldn't it have been easier to win without gaining their attention?"

"It'll throw them off their game. I doubt they were told they have the potential to be transferred so I imagine it'll make them nervous or it'll just put their heads farther up their asses. Either way, they aren't concerned with us."

At his explanation, Kioshi nods. "I suppose that makes sense..."

They're interrupted as the angry guy from before topples into the small teen, knocking them both to the floor. The blond is quick to his feet, seething.

"What the fuck?! Did you just trip me?"

The question is directed to Shinso and the monotonous teen offers Kioshi a hand up as he responds.

"No. You ran into Hirose."

"The fuck is a he rose? What the fuck kind of bullshit are you-?!"

He's cut off as the small boy directs his quirk's signals to something random, revealing himself. The blond turns his glare to him and snarls quietly.

"What kind of dumb quirk is that? You just wander around invisible until someone runs into you?"

"No. I have to sto-"

"Whatever. I'll beat you both at the festival. Mark my words."

He takes off down the hall and the two teens are left alone. There's a relieved sigh before Kioshi turns to the other teen with a tense smile.

"Guess we should watch out for him, huh?"

Shinso watches the blond walk off before glancing down to the smaller boy.

"Actually, I think he's the one whoshould be watching out."

---
Hey guys!
Sorry for the lack of updates!
I'm going to be moving again soon but BNHA season 4 is coming up so hopefully I'll get some motivation to write some more. For now, I hope you enjoy this chapter!
Thanks for all your support!!!