Greedy (Selena x Ariana)

Selena Gomez and Ariana Grande sat on the latter's porch, each holding a glass of white wine, each smiling and laughing and talking. The two had gotten close when Selena's manager suggested a collaboration for her upcoming album, something Ariana was more than excited to do. To Selena's surprise, their two polar opposite voices fit together like a pair of puzzle pieces. The two women themselves seemed to mirror that. They got along as if they'd been friends for years. When Ariana invited her to come over, Selena was quick to say yes.

The younger of the two let out another laugh as she took a sip of wine. "He did what?"

"He told me I'd obviously used him for fame. Before he was even discovered though, I'd already been on the Disney Channel. Justin was never too bright," Selena chuckled and shrugged, holding her glass close. She sat on the chair opposite Ariana, hanging from the porch, cozy and comfortable with the amount of pillows surrounding her.

Ariana shook her head dismissively. "Boys are dumb. You never needed him for attention. Him or anybody else." She set her glass down then before leaning back in her seat, her knees to her chest. "Women don't need men for clout."

Selena grinned, grateful somebody understood. Nobody seemed to. Everybody knew she had one of the biggest and kindest hearts in the business, and at some points that led to people taking advantage. It was tiring. She was glad to have her friends' support, and that support now included Ariana.

"Actually," Ariana continued in a soft voice, eyes meeting Selena's a few feet away, "I prefer women."

Both of them had been drinking for a while, to the point the bottle was damn near empty. Selena had a slight buzz, though her mind was clear. She wasn't at all a big drinker. Ariana on the other hand was a little tipsy, so at her confession Selena raised her brows. She didn't know if it was the wine talking or if it was her friend. She wasn't drunk, nor was she incoherent; she had no way to know.

"You prefer women?"

"Sure do," the tiny singer proclaimed as she jumped up from her seat. She grabbed the bottle by its neck and finished off the rest of what was inside. "I've only been with one."

"I didn't know that," the latina mumbled, looking up at Ariana as she stayed seated on the hanging chair.

"Have you?"

"Have I what?"

"Been with a woman."

Selena opened her mouth to speak, but no words found their way out. There was a time in 2014 when she seriously questioned her sexuality and who she was. She'd gone on a trip to France with Cara Delevingne for her birthday and things had happened that Selena had never spoken about. She wasn't embarrassed or ashamed, it was just nobody's business. She could feel her cheeks get a little hot. Was she blushing? Please no, don't let her blush.

"You're blushing, I can see that shit from here," Ariana chuckled, toying with the ends of her long, signature ponytail. "I'll take that as a yes."

Selena flattened her lips to a line before reaching for her half-empty glass and chugging the rest. She hadn't expected to have a discussion about sexuality that night. It was something she never really confided in anybody about. She was an unbelievably private person. Anything she could keep to herself, she did. She'd lived so much of her private life in the public that everybody knew everything there was to know, much to her chagrin. She never wanted that.

"Who was it, if I can ask?"

"Mine? Oh, I don't kiss and tell," she teased, moving her ponytail behind her. "Or, I should say sleep and tell." With that she chuckled again in her usual way, a nonchalant shrug accompanying it. She was still standing, but close enough for Selena to hear her soft, dainty voice. "Who was yours?"