Satisfaction (Selena x Zayn)

Zayn pulled the French doors shut behind him as he stepped onto the balcony, facing her back as she looked out past the trees to the open water. The night was so dark, other than a few ships lighting up, the Tyrrhenian Sea almost looked black. Selena's hair pooled down her back in black cascading waves, her minidress a shiny yellow, glowing metallic in the light. A black lantern hanging by the doors gave the balcony an intimate gleam.

Hearing the doors close, she glanced behind her shoulder and scoffed when she saw it was him. Rolling her eyes she turned back to the Amalfi Coast. Campania didn't make her blood boil when she laid her eyes on it.

Zayn stopped in his tracks and threw a hand up in defeat. "Alright, if you're gonna be like that, I'll just head back inside."

Before he even finished the sentence, she was chiming in, having turned around and faced him to speak. "If I'm gonna be like -- ? You crash my birthday party, knowing we split two seconds ago, and I don't want to fucking see you, and you really think you're in any position to lecture me? About anything?"

It wasn't two seconds ago, but that's how long it felt it had been. Selena and Zayn had been together just over 8 months and for the most part, everything had been perfect, like they should've been together years prior. The pristineness of their relationship shattered when she'd found him conversing with his ex-girlfriend, Gigi, and the pieces of what they were were thrown away when he chose Gigi. She'd given him an ultimatum and was demanding an answer. He got so flustered in the moment, he just screamed out a name. The wrong one. He knew it was the wrong one as soon as he'd said it.

"You didn't answer my calls!"

"You didn't pick me!"

The pain in her voice was crystal clear. She couldn't think about him or Gigi or what happened without a piercing pain in her chest. It showed. It hurt him to see her that hurt, but what could he do? She didn't want him near her, for good reason. He wanted to hug her and hold her close but he wasn't sure if she wanted that. He'd take her suffering if he could.

"I didn't mean to," he started, stepping closer to her. "I blurted the wrong name."

Her perfectly filled brows knitted together in disbelief. "How do you confuse my name and hers? I don't get it. I don't."

Working up the courage, he moved closer to her until he could smell her perfume, the one she always wore. Being that close, that was when he saw her eyes had begun to water. They were glassy, looking like they were covered in gloss when her gaze finally met his again. He was shocked she didn't jet back inside, but stayed put where she was despite him being inches away.

"I love you," he admitted with a low voice.

Selena's jaw clenched at the confession. For the past two weeks she'd be living with the weight of knowing she'd never hear those words come out of his mouth again, but how could he mean them after what had happened?

"I hate you," was all she could manage to let out.

Zayn didn't flinch. He stepped even closer, taking her waist in his hand and shook his head. "No, you don't."

"I hate you," she mumbled again, this time interrupted by his lips crashing into hers. It was passionate, fiery and intense, like they'd never broken up in the first place, or even more so that they'd taken a two week vacation away and were now returning home. He wrapped both of his arms tightly around her as he deepened the kiss, humming against it. Selena was a ball of emotions, unsure how to feel or what it was she wanted. She knew she wanted him, but was confused on whether or not she should. Regardless she moaned against his lips and felt his hands wandering around her body.