I Feel It Coming (Selena x The Weeknd)

"Abel, stop, I'm --" Selena laughed, wiggling away from him as he tickled her side underneath the white blanket they had on top of them, gently grabbing his hands and trying---and failing---to get them as far from her side as possible. She'd made the mistake of admitting she was ticklish and he, as she'd feared, had to see for himself.

"Alright, alright," he chuckled as he lifted both his hands in defeat, "I'm done. Promise." His hands were only off of her for a second before they snaked back around her waist, holding her to him as he gave her a kiss.

The California night was a little chilly, thanks it being mid-February, but the only true consequence was having to grab a blanket from one of the bedrooms the yacht he'd rented offered when they chose to sit outside on the sofa. The water beside the boat glistened under the full moon and stars speckled the sky like a million little freckles. Selena was happy. Though she and Abel had only been dating a little less than two months, publicly for one, she felt as if it'd been at least a hundred times longer than that, like she'd known him for ten years instead. They were acquaintances starting two years earlier, seeing as she was friends with Gigi Hadid and Abel had dated Gigi's sister Bella. They'd performed together at the 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and had a blast but Selena never imagined they'd end up together. After being so on and off with Justin for so long, she'd forgotten what it was like to have something so new. It frightened her a bit, she could feel it, but she was ready beyond words to move forward and explore Abel and their relationship. He felt the same way.

Selena had been coming from the gym when she'd gotten Abel's call earlier that day. A little smile curved the corners of her lips as she saw his name and put the phone to her ear. Before she could get a word in his voice was coming from the other line.

"You, me, tonight. I'll pick you up at 9:00."

Selena chuckled and shook her head, opening her bag around her shoulder and searching for her car keys. "Do I get any sort of details?"

She heard his laugh on the other end and a simple, "no."

She had no idea what to expect. Abel was adventurous, spontaneous, up for anything and everything. The range of possibilities started with dinner at their frequent spot and ended with sky-diving. She was clueless, completely and utterly in the dark, just how he'd wanted. He'd rented a Leight Star yacht, modern and medium-sized but luxurious all the same. With 5 bedrooms, including a master suite, and a stocked bar, full dining room and a lounge area just outside, it seemed like a perfect place to bring his new girlfriend. Selena didn't have any idea where they were going until she saw the Pacific Ocean and an array of yachts lining the bay.

"Abel, you're bringing me to a yacht?" she asked in an incredulous voice, raising her brows and squeezing his hand she'd been holding the entire car ride there.

He could hear her disbelief as she spoke and glanced at her beside him, amused smile occupying his lips. "That a bad thing?"

"No, I love them," she mumbled and shook her head. "I've had a ton of my birthday parties on them. I just love the water."

"I know," he admitted, squeezed her hand back and glanced at her again, "Gigi told me."

Abel continued to hold Selena's hand as he led her onto the yacht, their fingers locked together. She tried to drink in as much of the scenery as she could --- the sparkling water, the giant and seemingly fluorescent moon, the crisp autumn air in February and the sound of the ocean dancing with itself and with the harbor. She loved boats, she loved the ocean, she loved the saltiness of the air when it blew and she loved how all of it made her feel. He could tell she was excited by the look on her face. She resembled a kid in a toy store.