six

"You taught him how to play Speed?" 

Sam sounded so surprised by the thought of Nyla and Bucky playing cards, she couldn't resist giggling.

"He was pretty good, too. Some of the corners got caught in the metal chinks, but otherwise it was fun," Nyla explained.

Once Steve had left with Sam and Sharon, Nyla had  dug out a pack of cards from Sam's duffel he'd left behind. She knew he always kept one on hand for a round of poker when time offered such luxuries, but those were very rare. So, Nyla decided to take the opportunity to get acquainted with the U.S.'s Most Wanted Man of the Year and not to her surprise, he was very quiet.

She didn't want to overstep into dangerous territory although his one word replies weren't much of an expression towards whether he disliked casual questions or not. Once he had gotten the hang of Speed, he seemed to thaw out a little and by the time Steve and Sam arrived back at the warehouse, Bucky was the smallest bit more relaxed. Especially since he noticed that not once did the young woman glance at his arm with distrust or doubt. She focused steadily on making sure he enjoyed himself and the playful banter she'd take up with him made him feel somewhat better than usual.

Their arrival was a reminder, a reality check to what horrible situation they would be getting themselves into and Bucky's mood dampened as quick as a rock sinking in the sea. After meeting up with Clint, Wanda and their new recruit at the Leipzig Airport, Nyla-Rose had dressed in the catsuit that Wanda brought her and armed herself with the weapons Clint had stolen from the Compound's armory.

Thigh holster with a hand pistol and a small black baton that extended approximately three feet out.

Now, Nyla sat waiting with Bucky and Sam in one of the airport's terminals, her nerves being shot to pieces as she realized that she was a step closer to not only being grounded for the rest of her life, but possibly being a firsthand witness to the falling apart of the team.

The plan had been simple.

Find the Quinjet.
Get on it.

But, what was to come wasn't that simple. She knew they'd be there, that they'd be waiting and then, they wouldn't wait anymore.

Simple.

When was anything ever in the life that she lived?

—————

Rhodes kicked off from the ground and soared into the sky, his suit reading the airport for heat signatures and locking in on the images.

"Got three in the terminal, Wilson, Barnes and...Rosie?!"

Natasha paused and in the second she hesitated, Scott miniaturized before shooting to his regular height, knocking the redhead off of her feet.