___CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO___

I choose you.

: Shit is finna go down.
: Just look at the new cast of characters forming.
: And in the end...

We'll find out if everyone survives.

______

___Y/N'S POV

"You were almost late today. Will I need to adjust your position again?" Julian sipped his glass of wine and looked at me with his sharp brown orbs that were always so mysterious.

I was currently standing in my boss's office that was as big as my room, probably bigger. It took me five minutes to run to the building, and then another two minutes to wait for the elevator, wait for it to unload, and then ride up all the way to the top floor. I had gotten into his office with less than a minute to spare, and I was probably in the process of getting scolded for the tardiness.

"N-No... I just ran into my... boyfriend's brother." I spoke hesitantly, my eyes slightly wide as I chose my words carefully.

Julian sat the glass down and raised an eyebrow at my statement. "Last time I checked, Chase is an only child sweetheart. Are you lying to me?" He scoffed and aimed his piercing glare at me. I flinched and shook my head fanatically.

"N-No! Chase and I broke up last week! The night of my off days... That's when I did it. I have another boyfriend now. I promise I'm not lying. Neither of them will interfere with work." I laughed nervously and watched his face become flushed with ease.

"Well ten Y/n, take a seat. You look awfully exhausted. Did you follow the schedule I suggested?" He folded his hands on the sleek wooden desk like the high and mighty executive he was. I let out a soft sigh and slowly slid my butt into the soft and cool cushioned seat before nodding.

"I-I tried... But I had to find my family dog, plus my brother came home from college, so things have been a little hectic for the past few days. Usually I can follow it pretty well but that didn't happen." I explained, leaving out the part that included Red and the... other part, which were both main reasons.

"Ah, I see. Those bothersome bags are starting to appear. I know you despise makeup, so maybe I can find something else to treat your delicate face." He leaned closer to me from over the desk and took my chin in his hand gently. "Although... I feel as though you're hiding some information from me, my dear."

I gulped softly and hoped that he wouldn't notice the ascot that I never really wore often. It was really just a decorative scarf that was small enough to stay put on my neck and match what I was wearing all at once. "Julian, th-this is work... and I'm dating someone, remember...?" I reminded him softly and he let out a hum. "Yes, you're right. I wouldn't want to ruin your new relationship. Or your work reputation." He nodded and sat back in his chair, his hand dropping from my face.

I trusted Julian. He was someone I could turn to if things ever went bad. I had told him about my problems with Chase beforehand, around the times after we had first met. When Chase had first asked me out and I didn't give him my official answer. That night was my first and second regret. I had slept with my future boss and then told Chase that I'd be his girlfriend. Julian never took advantage of me though. I always said yes to him no matter what. He knew how to take care of me, and if I had had a choice between him and Chase, then he would have been my obvious pick.

"But dating your boss is bad," said every person with common sense. So became what we are now. A thing without a name that put me on edge. But things were different now and I wanted our thing to end. Because Red was in my life now.