The month of July .

Lahni

"Girl , you really is a bad bitch . You bet not say none else negative farreal cause BITCHHHH ." said Toya . I met Toya my second week at the gym ; we hit it off immediately . She's gorgeous with the most amazing personality . She's 17 .

Toya

We've been working out together , & she's been giving me tips on how to lose weight faster

We've been working out together , & she's been giving me tips on how to lose weight faster . "Now step on that scale , boo cause we not going nowhere until you do" she said referring to the same scale I used my first day . I took a deep breath , closed my eyes , & stepped onto the scale . "BITCHHHHH . OPEN YO EYES NEEOOWWW . I KNOW DAMN WELL YOU WASNT NO 200 POUNDS CAUSE , BITCH NUUHHHH !" I opened my eyes & looked at the numbers on the scale . "168.3" I gasped & stepped off the scale . "That can't be right ." "Naw , homegirl . That's right you doing the damn thang . Periodt ." "You know how much you weigh ?" I asked . "140 pounds ." She responded without hesitation . "Get on the scale ." I told her . She hopped on , & sure enough "140.1" I gasped again . It was obvious I'd lost weight , but I can't believe how much . I'm gaining more confidence everyday . We began to head to her car . I texted my mom "Going with Toya . Be home later" .

We arrived at her house & began to watch tv & talk about random things . I had already told her about my past & how I refuse to let it repeat throughout high school . "So you never fought none of them hoes ?" She asked me referring to my bullies . I shook my head . "Girrrllll . Couldn't be me ." "I'm scared to fight . I'm most likely going to lose anyways ." I responded ." "Scared or not , you better start fighting them hoes , & I bet they stop fucking with you . You let one hoe slide , & the rest of em start ice skating . Don't let it get there , boo . Look at this ." She said scrolling on her phone .

She showed me a video of her fighting a really tall girl that was atleast 5'10 . She posted up just like a boy . She wasn't pulling hair , shirts , or anything . Even when the girl had tumbled over , Toya was just punching . She began stomping the girl until another girl broke it up . "Damnnn ." "That was my first fight , sista girl . I was a freshman , & that hoe was a junior , tryna bully me & shit . Hoe , please . Ima teach you how to fight cause these hoes really just be fucking with people & starting shit . I can't stand they asses ." I smiled .

"You are beautiful as hell , friend . I hate how insecure you are . As a matter of fact , I'm taking you home to get yo shit , & you staying with me this summer . Is you down or what ?" My eyes widened . "Are you serious !?" I asked . "As a heart attack ." She responded . My mom had met Toya ; she liked her . I've only known her for 3 months , but it feels like 3 years . I called my mom . "Can I stay with Toya the rest of the summer ?" "Who ?" She responded . "Toya !" "Oh . Yea . Come get you some clothes & stuff ." She hung up the phone , not giving me time to respond . Toya was sitting on the couch . "So what she say !?" She asked . "She said yes !! I have to go get my stuff !!! " I responded excitedly . "Well let's go ! Shit ." Toya grabbed her keys off the table .

We stopped at Fazoli's & ate before arriving to my house . Toya helped me load all of my stuff into the backseat of her Crown Vic . Mom didn't say a word to me except "Be good over there ." when I first walked in . She's never really cared about anything I do . I was used to it . We left and went straight back to Toyas house .

We moved my stuff into the guest room . When we finished , we went back into the living room & watched The Bad Girls Club together .

Toya went to the kitchen to get something . "Ohhhh yeaaaa . I got this 15 day detox shit , bitch . It's supposed to make you lose 10 pounds or some shit . She came back holding 2 packets . "Let's try it" I looked at the packets & shrugged my shoulders . She headed back into the kitchen & prepared the detox tea .

"What's your goal weight right now ?" She shouted from out the kitchen . I hadn't really thought about that . I just wanted to be skinny to be honest . "Welllll .... I guess 140 something like you ." "And we gone get you there , baby . Periodt ." She responded . I smiled skeptically .

"Is there anything else you're insecure about ?" She asked . "Everything . All the pimples on my face . My hair . The way I dress ." She came back into the living room handing me a cup of tea .

"Do you drink a lot of water ?" "No ." I answered honestly . "Okay . Well you gone start drinking atleast 6 glasses of water a day for 2 weeks , & I got a face wash for you that works miracles . Now about the way you dress , we'll get to that cause you do dress like a old ass lady . What's wrong with your hair though ? I love it ." I shrugged my shoulders . "I want to wear weave ."

Her eyes lit up . "Have you ever had a sew in !?" I looked at her in confusion . "What's that ?" "BITCHHH . YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT A SEW IN IS !?" She raced over to the couch I was sitting on & began typing into her phone . She showed me a picture of her with long hair . "See . Underneath my bundles , my hair is braided . The tracks is like sewn to my braids ." She looked up at me & noticed the confused look on my face . "Fuck it . I'll just give you one ."

" She went to a website . "You want curly hair or straight ?" "Straight" I responded . "Long or short" "Long . Like to my butt ." "So , I ordered you some Peruvian  hair with a free part closure cause you a bad bitch , & you need to feel like one ." I let out a small laugh . "How much did it cost ?" Just 120$" My eyes widened . "One twentyyyyy !? I thought it would be like 20$ or something ! I don't have the money to pay you back , Toya . " I responded . "Girl , you like my lil sis . I'm coming through for you every time . You don't owe me shit at all , & I really do got a lot to teach you , but right now I'm taking my black ass to bed . Goodnight ."

She walked down the hall & disappeared into her room . I might as well do the same . I finished my tea , went into the guest room , got comfortable in the bed , & fell asleep in no time ....