Year One: Magic Exists?

The sounds of an owl hooting and flapping their wings through the wind was heard outside my window. I stood up from my bed and walked over to my window, moving to the curtain to see outside.

An owl was found outside my window, the owl seemed to be holding something in its claws. A letter that was sealed with a red stamp, along with my name and address. I felt quite scared to be close to the owl. Actually, no, I felt terrified.

I opened my window and took the letter out of the owl's claws hesitantly and the owl flew away. I closed the window back up, and the sound of movement of a tree branch was heard. I sighed in relief that nothing bad had happened.

I rushed downstairs to the kitchen with my white printed bunny pajamas, messy hair and bare feet.

"Mom! Dad! I got a letter from an owl!"

My parents sat at the kitchen table, they stopped what they were doing and took a quick glance at each other. I held up the letter that I got just a few minutes ago, whilst my parents just widened their eyes. 

Both my mom and Dad gasped and told me to sit down on the empty chair at the kitchen table. "Minjoo honey, open it. Let's see what it says."

I peeled off the red stamp and opened the letter and unfolded it. "Can you read it out loud for us dear?" My mother softly said as I nodded.

"Dear Kim Minjoo, you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry... Mom, Dad, what is this?" I looked at my parents looking for answers to my question.

"Minjoo, you're a witch." My father sighed, waiting for a response from me. "A w-witch? But w-witches d-don't exist..."

"Don't exist, eh? Look at your mother and I, I'm a wizard!" My father said chuckling. "Y-You're a witch and you're a wizard... We're not normal?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows at them.

"Ah, don't say that. Not exactly, let's just say that we're more special." My mom said, smiling. I was about to say something, until my father had begun speaking. "You're a pure-blood, which means that your family has all had magical abilities, not one has lacked magical powers. We thought we'd give it a shot to live in the normal world, maybe thinking that you could live a life being a normal person, pretending that we're ordinary."

"Oh, why would you want to go away from all of this?" I asked them, whilst processing this information rather quickly for an eleven year old.

"This was stopped a long time ago, but he who shall not be named had put the wizarding world into grave danger. He was a student at Hogwarts, but he was a bad wizard. He eventually ended up dying and was killed by a wizard named Harry Potter." My parents explained.

"Seeing that you've got this amazing opportunity, we have to fly over to London."

"Really!? We're going to London, but why" I felt excited, but I felt questionable about why we would need to be going to London all of a sudden.

"Yes, we're going to London because Hogwarts is located in the United Kingdom. Anyways, start getting packed."

"Now?"

"Yes now!" I hurried upstairs again and began packing up my clothes.

-------------

I had arrived in London with my parents, and my dad was holding a piece of paper to remember the location of a place, along with the shops we need to visit.

"It's been a very long time since I've been here... So, Leaky Cauldron... Leaky Cauldron..." My dad mumbled as I felt my mom shuffling over and about.

"Honey, here! Leaky Cauldron is right here." My mom pointed to the left of us.

We walked inside and walked over towards the counter of the restaurant.