(Old) SMG3 x SMG4 - The Coffee Date

It was two days after the incident at the castle. SMG3 had uploaded the video ideas SMG4 gave him, but not without some editing help from the latter. SMG3 had worn a different outfit than usual. Instead of his iconic blue overalls with his black shirt, he wore a grey turtleneck with blue jeans. He didn't bring SMG4 a gift or anything, it was the first date and honestly SMG3 had no idea how to conduct himself on one.

Well... he did bring SMG4 just one blue rose but thats about it. He didn't expect anything back though. Certainly SMG4 had only decided to do this coffee "date" for business purposes only. SMG3 hoped he wasn't about to make a fool out of himself. SMG4 had already known about SMG3's crush... he had exposed that fact about himself that last time they'd come face to face. Then SMG3 thought something worse, it was that side of villainy he'd have to get rid of.

"What if he's secretly plotting to expose my secret to everybody! He's going to broadcast the entire date and I'll lose that evil villain reputation in no time! Hell what if this isn't even a date and this is just a trap to get rid of me?! I should just go home..." SMG3 turned to make a retreat, but someone called his name causing him to falter.

As if on queue, SMG4 made his appearance at the coffee shop. "Well, you look quite casual." SMG4 chuckled looking SMG3 up and down. SMG4 wasn't much different. He was wearing a blue hoodie with white sleeves, and he ditched his signature SMG4 hat and brown boots and just wore some white and grey adidas.

SMG3 looked to the side awkwardly and tried to think of a good conversation starter. "So uh... how'd you find me?" ...that sounded more paranoid than a friendly greeting. SMG4 just replied pretty matter of factly "I overheard some overdramatic yelling from this side and figured it was you." SMG3 pretty much turned into a tomato from that "W-well I'm sorry villains have their inner monologues out loud!"

He got a few weird looks from others, and it got to him a bit. He never really had much of an outside life and with no real father figure, being something similar to Bowser's apprentice had shaped him to be more villainous than most others, but still less than Enzo and even XF996. Eager to bring less attention to himself, SMG3 gracefully gave (violently shoved) the blue rose into SMG4's face, SMG4 looking at him with a confused facial expression at first; then him taking it and thanking him for the gift, pulling something out of his jacket pocket.

"Nice to see I wasn't the only one contemplating if this was really happening or not. I didn't really know what you liked other than me, but giving you something of myself like merchandise seemed petty and selfish. So..." SMG4 pulled a paper craft of SMG3's hat with a skull on it. "I made this for you instead." SMG3's eyes widened quite a bit at this and yanked the thing out of SMG4's hands. 'Classy' most certainly wasn't in his vocabulary.

SMG3 tried his hardest to gently put the hat away, but his grandiose attitude gave it a violent flare and SMG4 looked on in mild panic. He chuckled awkwardly after SMG3 was finally finished and motioned for SMG3 to follow him inside the cafe. They walked to the cashiers and SMG4 turned to SMG3 and spoke. "This is actually a friend of mine. I'm sure you've met him." SMG4 pointed at the cashier who just happened to be FM.

"Hey..." FM rolled his eyes. SMG3 once again did his favorite thing and looked awkwardly to the side. "So, what brings you over here?" It was pretty weird seeing and being cordial with a guy he tried to destroy on multiple occasions, but he was going on a date with SMG4 so he had no room to talk. "I'm only here because X keeps on begging me to get another job... and these two..." FM points to two men arguing over the coffee grinder with robotic voices drowning out the music thats supposed to be atmospheric.

"For fucks sake Swag can't you let us keep a job for once!?!" That one speaking was Chris, and the one he was currently yelling at was Swagmaster. "Fuck off mate I'm adding fucking mac and cheese into this coffee and nobody can stop—" Before he finished his sentence he got hit with a Keurig and flew across the back of the room. "...are a total pain in my ass." FM finished.

SMG4 looked on in mild disappointment but just accepted that his life was always going to be this and continued to place his order. 'I feel like this is the start of a really bad coffee shop AU...' SMG3 thought. "Totally." SMG4 chuckled in response. "Wait, how did you hear—" "Protagonist powers." SMG4 interrupted.

FM passes SMG4 and SMG3 their coffees after he knocks out both Swagmaster and Chris. "Enjoy the quiet while it lasts, you two." he deadpanned. "Will do, man." SMG4 gave FM a fist bump and went on his way to sit at a corner table. "So..." SMG3 starts of. "These are the type of people you hang out with??" SMG4 looks at Swagmaster and Chris unconscious. "What can I say. I like chaos sometimes, just not your brand of chaos."

SMG3 just looked ahead at SMG4 out of the window they just so happened to sit by. 'Damn it. Now it really IS one of those cringe coffee shop AUs..." He came out of his aloofness when SMG4 tapped him on the shoulder a few times. "So about my offer?" "Huh?" SMG3 turned to SMG4 confused. "Don't forget this is also a business deal. And we're not fully fledged boyfriends just yet. You've been trying to destroy my only source of income for years." SMG4 said matter-of-factly.

'Drat. I should've known it wouldn't be that simple to get lai— I mean... get a boyfriend.' SMG3 thought. "Well, yes. Umm. I think me even showing up would mean that I'd accepted your offer— I even brought you a rose for crying out loud!" SMG3 raised his voice. "Ha, did that seriously happen??" FM said from across the room. "Yup." SMG4 smirked and showed FM the blue rose. "Pfft. Good luck, man." FM gave SMG3 a thumbs up.

SMG3 didn't take that thumbs up as nice though. He took it as a warning that if he messed up, he'd be kicked to the curb immediately. Well, either way he gave FM a weak thumbs up back. Giving him a (bad) smile in the process. "So... answer my question please?" SMG4 looked at SMG3 pretty seriously. "Well, I don't see why not personally. It'd do well for both of our youtube channels and it'd bring a fresh new dynamic to your youtube videos?" SMG3 replied. " SMG4 looked aside in the thought, "Hmm... a good pitch." He turned to SMG3 and put his hand forward for SMG3 to shake. "It's a deal then?"

SMG3 took SMG4's hand and shook it with a determined look. "It's a deal." he replied. SMG4 then let go of his hand leaving SMG3 to awkwardly put it down on his lap. SMG4 clapped his hands together and held up a snarky smile "Well, I suppose now that we're done with the formalities... the date can truly start!" SMG3 looked at him and blushed insanely. "W-what!? So you mean we weren't on a date yet?!" FM can be heard laughing hard in the background. SMG4 looked at SMG3 blankly "It's just a cool statement."

SMG3, once again becoming embarrassed like it was his new hobby or something simply said "oh" and slunk into his chair pulling his hat down over his face. Seems like it'd take awhile to get this 'good guy' thing down after all.

________________________________________________________________________________

I made this at 12am once again and this has been in my drafts for waaay too long. Anyway here you go you freakin' SMG34 shippers, the sequel that nobody asked for... you reignighted my shipping part of this fandom in the wackest way possible. Fanfiction. Your welcome in advance and I have no idea if I should end the story here or bring it up later. Ideas are welcome.

!~Thanks for Reading~!

🍓StrawbearyBoba🍓