Home Sweet Home

I opened my eyes to see I was in the high school storage room. I was in my own curvy body. I looked around to see everyone was with me in detention.

"Oh, my God. Yes, yes, yes! Yes, yes! I'm back, baby!" Fridge pumped his fist in the air.

"I will never complain about my body ever again." Bethany rubs her stomach. "Oh, thank God. Oh, I missed you." She squeezes her boobs.

I look down in agreement with her. It's funny that being in my dream body helps me appreciate the one I have. I always thought girls like Bethany were beautiful so that must mean I'm not. But from being in both body types I was able to see that the thin didn't cancel out the curvy. We could both be beautiful at the same time.

For so long, I was focused on what I didn't have instead of being happy with what I had. I may not have Connie's long model legs and flat stomach, but I did have curves. It was time that I embraced them.

I gasp, as I was lifted and put on the table covered in magazines. Fridge moved his hands from the back of my thighs to cup my face. He kissed me, letting his hands drop around my waist to pull me close. I wrap my legs and arms around him to help give me leverage to kiss him back. "I told you what I was going to do when I got my height back." He whispers against my lips. He pushed me, so I was lying flat on my back.

"No, we're still here!" Martha covered her eyes. Fridge helps me get off the table.

"What the hell is going on?" Spence shrieks as he pulls at his curls.

"They're a thing, you didn't know," Bethany smirks. Martha nods, alongside her.

"What? Since when?" He looked at me.

"It's a long story. I'll tell you later." I scratch the back of my neck.

"Where's Alex?" Bethany looked around for him, but he wasn't in the room.

"Let's check his house, if I was him that's where I would go." I walk towards the door.

"We can't leave yet. We have to fix the magazines. And look at the clock, no time even passed." Martha said. I looked up at the wall to see that she was right. We grabbed a stapler remover and moved as fast as we could.

When Principal Bentley came to tell us we could go, we sped out and down the street to the freak house. "Wait, look." Spencer points to a big white house where the freak house used to be and it was decorated for Christmas.

"Freak House?" Fridge stares up at it.

"Do you think...?" Spencer wonders.

"That means, maybe..." Bethany had the same thought process.

A silver car pulls up with a Christmas tree strap to the top. "Grandpa!" A girl came running out of the car to hug Mr. Vreeke. It was the same man from this morning, who looked and smelled like he hadn't showered in weeks that warned us of the evils of the world. Except now, he looked clean and healthy. A woman got out of the car taking the little girl into the house to see her grandma. A man came out of the car, wearing a metallic shirt.

"Alex?" Bethany whispers.

"Hey, Dad, when you get a sec could you give me a hand?" He called out to the man as he put on a jacket.

"Yeah," The older man started untying the tree.

He looks down the street to see us standing there. "Hey, Dad, will you give me a second?"

He looked over to see where his son was looking. He was confused as to why he would want to talk to us, but he agrees anyway. "Oh yeah, sure."

"I'll be right back." He walks over to us with a car seat in his hand. "Bethany?" He points at the blonde, who nods smiling at him. "Spencer?" He points to my nerdy friend.