The News

Franny's POV 

It's been a week since I found out I was pregnant and as I've processed the news, I've come to terms with the fact I have to tell Kian, so I was driving to the boys' house today. I knocked on the door and Bobby opened it, thank God.

 "Hey Fran, what are you doing here. Not that I don't enjoy your company" he said. I laughed at him, "I was bored and wanted to come hang out with you guys" I said lying. 

We hung out in the living room for a while easing my mind until I saw kian come downstairs with a girl although they hadn't noticed me. The girl walked out as Kian held his spot. She looked familiar but I didn't know her name. 

"Hey Bobby have-- oh hey Fran, I didn't know you were here" Kian said with a shocked face. "Yeah, I missed Bob so I came to hang out for a bit" I said eyeing him carefully.

 Then the girl walked in, "hey are you coming babe? Oh hi, I'm Ayla" she said.

 "I'm Franny" I said simply not really wanting to start up a conversation with her. 

"Yeah I'm going, we'll be outside swimming if you need us" Kian said. I turned to Bobby, "so they're a thing now?" "Well... to be honest I'm not entirely sure if they're friends with lots of benefits or actually together" Bobby said carefully as he saw my face fall.

 "Let's go get ice cream Fran!" He said changing the subject to try and make me happy. This is why I love Bobby, even though he annoys me to new limits he's always someone I can count on. I gave him a small smile, "race ya" I said beige sprinting to his car. 

After getting treated to ice-cream, we went back to The House and Kian's toy was leaving at the same time we we're arriving. I rolled my eyes and walked in with Bobby. 

"Hey tomorrow we're all going to hangout, have like a get together. Want to come?" Bob said. 

"Yeah of course. Can I bring someone?" I asked. "Nezza's invited too ya know" Bobby chuckled. I laughed with him, "no it's a guy actually, Nezza took me on a blind date with her and Alex and I actually really like him. Actually, I think you've met him before, Colby?" "Ohhh, yeah I have. He's a cool dude, yeah, for sure. He can come over" Bobby said. "Thanks" I said with a big smile. 

If Kian could get a girlfriend that fast, then I could get a boyfriend that fast. The only difference is I'm carrying our baby and not just any guy is going to be cool with that. 

"So what's going on with Kian?" He asked.

 "What do you mean?" I asked playing dumb. 

"Fran, you looked like someone just killed your puppy when you found out he was seeing someone" Bobby said. I sighed and put a hand on my forehead facepalming myself, "it's complicated, and a long story" I said.

 "Does it have to do with you guys leaving Dom's party" he said. I froze, how the hell does Bobby know, he wasn't even there.

 "No, well kinda. I wasn't feeling well so Kian offered to drive me home. We ended up going to 7-11 and getting a bunch of junk food and just watching a movie but then we ended up kissing. We realized what happened and we both agreed that neither one of us were ready for a relationship but I realized that I am, so I came to talk to him but I guess he doesn't feel the same." I said deflated and only speaking half the truth. 

He didn't question me as he saw the tears rolling down my face, "oh Fran" he said pulling me into his chest. I cried into his shoulder and let everything out. I probably seen pathetic crying over a boy but Bobby doesn't know it's deeper than that. The father of my baby literally found himself a girlfriend overnight.

I could feel my insecurities bleeding through. "Am I not enough?" I mumbled. "You're more than enough Fran and if he can't see that, then that's on him. Obviously Colby can see how amazing you are" Bobby comforted. I sniffled picking up my head, "it's just she's skinny, and pretty, has clear skin, perfect teeth, beautiful hair and I'm just me, average Franny" I said as my voice cracked. 

"Franny, you don't see what everyone else sees. Why don't you think we're so protective over you? You're so pretty and you have an amazing personality which she probably doesn't have. Who else is going to have weird jokes that are so corny they're funny? And I bet she doesn't have your laugh that can bring a smile to anyone's face. You're perfect in your own way, anyone can see you're a catch and I'm glad Colby can see that. He's going to have his hands full with you though, you're kinda dramatic" he said in a valley girl voice. 

I laughed and gave him a slight shove, "you jerk. Now when are you getting yourself a girlfriend? Oh yeah, that's right, I'm all you got Bob. Me and you til the end!" I said laughing feeing better. 

Bobby groaned, "I hope not, you're going to give me gray hairs by the time I'm thirty." I giggled, "my mom says I'm a blessing." "I bet many others beg to differ" Bobby joked. I laughed, "all except you!" I teased. "Yeah,Yeah. Finish your ice cream, my curse" he said nonchalantly. "Hey! I said blessing not curse!" "A blessing in disguise, how about that?" Bobby said. I nodded while giggling, "sure that works!"