The Gender Reveal

SKIP TO 4:30 in the vid for the reveal 

Franny's POV 

It was currently the night before the gender reveal party and I wanted to try and reach out to Kian once more to ask if he would come because even though this was the whole point of the trip, he could still ditch if he really wanted too.

Franny: Hey Kian, tomorrow is the gender reveal which I'm sure you know is going to be in my cabin with everyone. Can you please go? I'm getting farther along and hitting all these milestones that you're missing. You can miss my pregnancy, but don't miss the baby's life. He or she doesn't deserve that and you know it

Hours later I received a text from Kian and even though it wasn't what I wanted to see, it still have me hope, none the less. 

Kian: I'll see, maybe

I went to sleep hopeful that he would start to come around. 

~~~

"Wake up Franny, today's the day!" Nezza said excitedly. I rolled over to face her. "If I wasn't so excited I would smack you with my pillow for making me wake up so early" I said trying to hold back my smile. "Come on Fran, I made breakfast!" She said hauling me to the kitchen. I laughed with Nezza as we made our way to the kitchen island and sat I front of the all the pink and blue desserts. 

"Oh my gosh, chocolate covered strawberries!" I said freaking out.

 "I made so many desserts and out everything you choose to freak out about, you choose the strawberries? Look at the Rice Krispies!" Nezza said pointing at them. 

I laughed and then leaned over to give her a hug. "You are the bestest friend I could ever ask for. I would ask you to permanently move in with me but I don't really think you need a crying baby when you invite a guy over" I said chuckling. Nezza bursted our laughing, "Well that would definitely kill the mood, wouldn't it?" I sighed, "I'm going to miss having these moments. I know they always say babies don't end your life they just open up a new chapter but honestly, I'm a little worried that I'm not mature enough to be a mom. Like you know when the kids start getting a little older and the moms start to basically like resent their kid. I don't I think it's because nothing right now is stable, and that is so exhausting" I ranted.

 Nezza listened patiently, "honestly Fran, I think if any of us ended up pregnant you would be one of, if not the best and you love kids so much already, just imagine one of your own. And I know it sucks that things might not be stable right now but it's all going to be worth it in the long run when it's his or her first day of school, when they hit double digits, when they are old enough to start driving. Trust me Franny when I say your going to be just fine. I know in my heart you're going to be an amazing mom." 

I gave Nezza a breathtaking hug. "I don't deserve you, Nez" I said. "That's great Fran... can't...breathe.." she said breathless. "Oh shoot, sorry" I said laughing and Nezza sooner joined me: 

~~~ 

After decorating the cabin and everyone was done getting ready, I handed them pink or blue pins as they handed me gender neutral gifts. So far I've been given a baby walker, some neutral baby pajamas, some baby bottles and a pacifiers. I also received gift cards that were really generous especially Bobby because he told me his gift card had enough to buy a crib, and cribs are roughly around $300. I waited for everyone and even a little longer because Kian had yet to show up. I walked over to Jc while he was alone.

 "Hey did Kian mention anything about showing up? Or not coming?" I asked. They were in the next door cabin so it's not exactly as if he was far away. He sighed, "I don't know, I'm sorry Fran. He drive off somewhere like 15 minutes before you showed up." He offered me a hug and I accepted it as I laid my head on his shoulder. I'm pretty sure they've all guessed Kian's the dad but are just waiting for me to confirm it. "It's okay, don't worry about it. Thanks-" I was cut off by hearing the door open which revealed a nicely dressed Kian.

 I walked over to him, "Hey I'm about to do the big reveal. No one knows anything about the baby or us except for Nezza. Do you want to join me for the reveal?" I asked. He looked surprised but then paused, "I think I should just watch, I don't want to take away from your moment. I'm sorry, don't look disappointed, I love you Fran" he said giving me a hug. I hugged him back before putting space between us again. "Okay, see you in a bit then" I said before walking off to ask Nezza if everything was set. 

She gave me the good to go so now it was show time.

 "Okay guys now that everyone's here it's time to reveal if it's a boy or girl!" I said excitedly unable to keep a smile off my face. They started chanting "boy" and "girl" depending on what they thought it was. Nezza settles them down and then I picked up my bow and arrow. I tried to keep my hands still but they were shaking so I missed. We all bursted out laughing. "A gender neutral baby, we stan!" Joked David. He made me laugh even harder, "shut up" I said jokingly but meaning it. 

I steadied myself and took a deep breath as the arrow pierced the black balloon spilling blue colored powder into the white snow. Everyone cheered and I couldn't believe it. "ITS A BOY!" I said freaking out. I snuck a peak at Kian as I saw him celebrating too. He ran to give me a hug as soon as he caught my glance. 

If you would like to see the reveal it's #9 or you can skip to 4:30. I tried to just screen record and upload it myself but apparently Wattpad doesn't let you do that lol.