The Godparents

Franny's POV 

Kian has really stepped up this month and proven that he really wants to be a dad and he wants to be there for the both of us. He's renting a place without a contract tight now so he could be near Gavin and I because it's a six hour drive from LA to the Bay. 

Currently, Kian and I, are discussing who will be the Gavin's godparents because his baptism is coming up.

 "Franny, Jc has to be The Godfather. He's been with me through thick and thin" Kian pleaded. 

"But typically if the person is in a relationship they are both godparents and I want Nezza to be the Godmother, no offense to Chelsea, I love her but Nezza is my version of Jc" I argued. 

"We don't have too, we can do our own thing. Nothing about us has ever been conventional anyways" Kian bargained. "But what about Colby! And Bobby!" I said shooting the names of my closest friends.

 "Please, Franny, I'm literally begging you. I just want this one thing, please. I will never ask if any more of you" He said.

 I thought about the situation for a minute express replying. "Fine but I get to choose both godparents next time" I said. 

"Yes! Deal! Wait what?" He said before processing what I said. I basically just admitted to wanting to spend the rest of my life with him by insinuating we would be having more kids.  He broke into a smile as he jumped on me to give me a bear tight hug. 

"Deal! You can even choose which ever name for him or her, no questions asked" he said keeping his arms around me. I relaxed into him, "I'm going to need that on a recording" I joked. Kian laughed, "we better shut up before we wake up Gavin from his nap."

 "Nah, he sleeps like a rock. Just like his dad" I said.

 "Please Franny, if anyone is a heavy sleeper it's you, you're literally like a bear in hibernation. The world could be ending and you would be like five more minutes please, with your blinds closed" Kian retaliated. 

"Nuh-uh, I'm literally an early-" I was cut of by a piercing cry from none other than our mini creation. I quickly got up happy for the distraction and picked him up which settled most of his tears but I gave him his bottle and he was satisfied. I sat back down on the couch with him as he fell back to sleep. 

"Well since both know what the elephant in the room is, we might as well address it" I started. "I know Gavin and I being 6 hours away isn't really convenient, especially when your job and your life is in LA and I've seen the commitment you've been putting towards being a dad so I think it would be easier if I moved back to LA" I said. 

Kian looked excited before he put on a thoughtful face again, "but what about your job?" He asked. 

"Well I still have another month until my lease is up and then I'll just put in my two weeks. When we go back to LA I can go back to doing Youtube full time while I find a job" I said. 

Kian chuckled, "Franny you're the only person I know that has over a million subscribers and still chooses to work a 9 to 5."

 I shrugged, "college wasn't cheap and besides it never hurts to have extra money in case something happens in life." 

"True" he said agreeing. 

"Wow look at us being mature. We figured out the godparent situation and the living situation, well for now at least" Kian said. I nodded, "I'm proud of us. Everything is really starting to come together" I said. 

"Franny wouldn't it just be more convenient if you came to move in with me?" He asked. I tilted my head, "honestly, I just don't know if we're ready for that. I don't want to rush anything" I said. "I mean it's going to happen eventually, you could stay in my guest bedroom if you'd really like. That' way it's no different than a couple of friends moving in together" he bargained. 

I nodded taking in him words. "Okay, we can try it out" I said agreeing reluctantly. "YES!" He cheered. "Today's been a pretty good day" he said coolly. I chuckled, "don't get used to it." 

~~~

As planned I did move in with Kian the following month. I was sad to say goodbye to the friends I had made in the Bay but we agreed we would meet up every once in a while to hang out out. 

One thing that I was glad was my apartment had already been furnished meaning I didn't have to worry about selling it get rid of the furniture. I was nervous for the move but I could feel this was the right thing to do for Gavin. He needed both of his parents and who was I to rob him from that opportunity, especially since I grew up with both of my parents. 

When we moved Gavin kept the room he would've had if we never moved and as promised I took the guest room. I wanted our relationship to heal organically and it was. We had been going out on dates, well kind of because most of the time Gavin came with us. Yeah, we could've asked our friends to babysit but I really enjoyed going out as a family. It felt like a breath of fresh air. 

I also loved that I got to see all my friends again, as I really didn't get the chance to do that during those six moths. Nezza and Colby would visit me almost every other week but I really didn't want people coming over to see while I was still trying to get my life back together. 

After moving I through myself on the couch and Gavin giggled at me as he watched from his walker. "Why didn't we get movers?" I complained to Kian. He chuckled, "Franny we didn't need them, you don't own that many things and you had the easy part, I drove back the entire time while you got to hang out with gavin eating snacks." I chuckled, "okay well I'm going to try and take a nap. Can you keep an eye on Gavin?" I asked. He nodded, "yeah, of course" 

When I woke up from my nap I was in my bed and I wondered how I got here. I guess Kian moved me. I went to go look for him as it sounded really quiet. I walked into his room and there I saw he was sleeping with Gavin on his chest. I gently picked up Gavin and moved him to his crib and gave Kian a kiss on his forehead. We may not be perfect, but this is my family.