Chapter 7

My feet carry me across the cement slabs of the sidewalk. The slabs retract from perfect alignment to zig zag shapes. Erosion taking over the minerals packed together degrading the cement blocks, creating holes, dips in the stone, and separation between 1 block or separating 2 blocks farther from each other. Nature's beauty wraping it's creations around the manmade squares. Flowers and vines taking back the land humans took from them. I admire mother nature's ambition and pride over her creations. The way it wrap itself protectively around open soil. My feet glide around the plants. I must ask Nanna after school is finished if I can start a flower garden. Nanna tells me that I always admire the small things in life. Beauty big or small, I see it all. Vines and small flowers shrink back into the muddy ground. It rained on Wednesday, and the ground still hasn't soaked up most of the water. My eyes advert from the plants to the houses next to me and across from me. My eyes taking in every detail of each house. The architecture of each house is different, but a unique different. All the homes held a color sceme of a creamy tan with white shutters or a light blue with white shutters. It was an interesting color sceme of different houses. I am nearing the end of the neighborhood. Nanna and I live on the end of the neighborhood. There is a ring of houses with ours lining the middle of the circle.

 There is a ring of houses with ours lining the middle of the circle

Some say our house is the most beautiful on the street....................... some say otherwise as well. This little neighborhood is surrrounded by others. Once you hit the end of Fairway Close, you take a right onto Greenway street. After you hit the end of Greenway street, you are officially on Ascan avenue. Walk a little farther and make a right on Ingram street. Ingram street, whenever you are turning to the left, houses are packed in that little area creating another surrounding neighborhood, and Ingram street is just one long road going left and right. It is going to take some traveling to reach the school once you make that right turn on Ingram street. Once you hit an intersection, you make a left onto 69th Avenue. Travel a bit farther and you make another left on Juno street. Nanna slipped a map into my right side pocket of my bookbag. Thankfully I noticed once I left the house not to long ago. I am making my right on Ingram avenue. I noticed a boy, maybe a little older than me standing on his driveway........possibly waiting for the school bus. I raised my hand to wave, but my low self esteem and my soical anxiety crushed that action immediately. I turned right back around and started walking. I felt my body tingle with a fresh sence of saddness trailing within my heart. I didn't think to much about the feeling though once I was nearing the intersection. I quickly make a left on 69th Avenue, walking just a fraction more to make a left on Juno street. The school just in sight. Nanna asked me what I wanted to be whenever I started to reach the age of 13. I always had a nack for science. Chemistry being the one that comes the easiest for me. Nanna always wanted me to follow my dreams...................even if they changed. She would be right behind me. When Nanna was looking for schools she came across Midtown : School of Science and Technology. She checked the schools ratings, and they were pretty good. The rating was either 7 or 8 out of 10. I can't really remember what the exact rating was. My dream is to become a Chemical Engineer. Nanna would always find me mixing some type of liquid with another, whenever she got done with her shopping. She proposed the idea to me at the age of 12, and at the age of 13 I knew thats what I wanted to be. This school had a selection of Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Astronomy, and many other classes. They also teach Tech classes, but that something I could never get into..................... Why?.................I have never used a electronical device before in my life. Even though Boys and Girls my age can't seem to keep their hands off of them for even a milisecond. Not that I blame them, we all have things we like. Those..............mini pocket rectangles are useful from time to time. My walking pace increases toward the entrance of the school.