Chapter One - "The Concert"

Pre-Note: (Y/N) - Your Name. Or whatever name you want.

When they played, they played as one. It was no accident that I made it upon one of their concerts, as it was my friend Mizu’s idea to go and she endlessly pestered me to go with her.

In the middle of the CiRCLE live house, the place where all bands go to perform, I stood there in silence. Staring at the five of them, playing with dedication, with their lead singer singing her heart out, putting emotion in every single word. The words seemed to seep into my soul. The crowd was cheering even as they played, never seeming to die down. I looked at the band members playing. As their song ended, they all exited the stage, while the crowd continued to cheer. They all seemed so serious while playing, but as they exited, they seemed to have relief on their faces, as if overcoming a serious obstacle. Was playing in front of people so hard? I never found it particularly hard when I practiced choir in middle school.

“Whew,” Mizu exclaimed. “Roselia sure is a great band, huh, (Y/N)?”

She waited for a response from me, but I didn’t say anything. I just stared at the stage in silence.

“Close your mouth, or else a fly might go in there,” she joked. “Did Roselia really make that much of an impression on you?”

“Yes,” I quietly responded. “They were amazing, yet I don’t even know any of their names.”

“I do! The lead singer’s name is Minato Yukina, the guitarists’ names are Hikawa Sayo and Imai Lisa, the drummer’s name is Udagawa Ako, and the keyboardist’s name is Shirokane Rinko!”

She listed them off, no problem.

“Rinko,” I muttered. Somehow her sound stuck out to me the most.

“Ah, does someone have a little crush-crush on the keyboardist of Roselia~?” Mizu joked again.

“No,” I quickly responded. “I just liked the way she sounded.” I technically wasn’t lying. “I’m not even sure she’s cute, she was too far away from my line of sight.”

“Oh, Rinko’s a cutie, to be honest with you,” Mizu said. “Agh, but they’re all cute, but that’s my opinion. Actually, I’d love to stay and watch the rest of the bands, but our curfew is coming up. Let’s go home, (Y/N).”

She was right, it was getting a bit late for us to be out.

“Sure, let’s head home.”

As we walked home, I just couldn't stop thinking about Rinko. What was it about her that stood out from the rest of Roselia?

As Mizu headed toward the direction of her own house, I got to thinking again. I nearly hit my head on a stop sign because I was so lost in thought. After I went home, I immediately went to bed.

But not five minutes passed until I realized I couldn't sleep.

"Agh, there's no way I'm waiting until morning! I need to see her again!"

I thought. I grabbed my phone and called Mizu.

"Wh...what is it? It's past 12 am now…"

Mizu said, sounding as if she were half-asleep.

"I wanted to ask you, oh great Roselia master, about them." I added that last about being her being a master just to butter her up. Always works.

"Roselia 'master', huh? What's up?"
Mizu said, now with a bit more pep in her voice.

"Ahh, it's probably about Shirokane-san again, is it~?"

"You hit the nail on the head… I just wanted to know where she hung out when she's not performing…" I asked.