9

My eyes fluttered open, my head still resting on Roger's chest. I looked around, and I noticed that my vision was very blurry. I sat up slowly, trying not to wake Rog, but immediately felt puke rising in my throat and ran to the bathroom to spill my guts. Brian ran in immediately after and rubbed my back, and also held back my hair just in case any more came out. I stood up and flushed the toilet, thanking Brian and washing my hands, then soon after he left, brushing my teeth to get the taste out of my mouth.

"I guess I couldn't handle 2 beers." I laughed at myself in the mirror. Then walked out into the kitchen to start breakfast. Brian was already sitting at the table, reading the newspaper.

"You feeling any better?" He asked as he set down the paper.

"Yeah. I only had two beers last night. Probably just couldn't handle them." I said, laughing once again.

He laughed and nodded, picking up his newspaper again. I went to grab the pan I use to make eggs, then stop for a second.

"Brian?"

He set his paper down once again.

"Yes, love?"

"Didn't you have more drinks than me?"

He stared off into space for a second. "I recall having 8 beers and 1 martini."

My mouth dropped open.

"So how are you not vomiting your intestines out?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"You realize I'm a rocker, right? Before I met Mirina, all I would do was party with girls, and party with the band until the sun came up. I can handle as many drinks as I-"

Brian immediately stopped talking, then ran to the bathroom, covering his mouth. I began laughing, maybe a little too hard. Brian slowly walked back out the bathroom after a while, holding onto the wall for support. I threw him a water bottle to cleanse his throat.

"Yeah. Let's not talk about what just went on in there." He sat back down at the table.

As he did, Roger finally came out of my room looking as tired and drained as ever.

"What's been going on? Why have you two been so loud?"

Brian looked up from his newspaper and looked at Roger.

"Well if you would have a decent sleep schedule and actually get up at a good time, then you would know. Your girlfriend threw up and so did I."

Roger's eyes widened as he ran over to me.

"Oh my god, are you okay? Have you stopped? Do you need medicine? Do you need a doctor? Do you need to lie down? Do y-" I covered his mouth with my hand.

"I'm fine," I looked at Brian. "We're fine. I just couldn't handle the alcohol from last night, and neither could Brian." I stuck my tongue out at Bri. He made a snobby face and looked back in his paper.

"Don't worry me like that. And Brian, she's not my girlfriend. At least not yet." He said the last part quietly so Brian and I couldn't hear, but I didn't feel like asking him to repeat it. He gave me a good morning hug and went sit near Brian.

I went back to the stove and turned it on, then placing the pan on it, heating it up. I soon heard John walk in sluggishly, then turning on the kettle to make himself some tea. I told him a simple good morning as he walked past me to grab a mug. Last but not least, Freddie decided to get out of bed 15 minutes after all of us and attempt to turn the kettle back on, but just collapsed onto the floor instead.

We all looked at him for awhile until I finally spoke up.

"How many drinks did he have?"

"15 beers and 2 margaritas."

I nodded. "Ah. There it is."

——

As I began making pancakes, I felt a familiar set of arms snake around my waist. I inhaled softly, and smelled that citrus and hint of cigarettes that I know and love. I smiled and rested my head back onto his chest, feeling the warmth surround us. It felt amazing.

It felt like home.

A very loud, long, and audible "ew" came from Brian and John.

"Oh. So you two aren't dating, are ya?" Brian remarked.

"Oh, piss off." Roger said and held me tighter.

I smiled and continued to make breakfast as Roger held me tight in his arms.

——

Freddie finally came back to consciousness and ate breakfast with me and the rest of the band. Roger had his hand on my thigh, and would slowly run it up and down while I talked with the boys about future gigs that they had coming up in New Orleans. It was inappropriate for what was going on, so I slapped his hand away, and I heard him sigh. As the rest of the band talked amongst themselves, I turned to Rog.

"I'm sorry. This feels like some sort of business meeting, so what you were doing just felt unprofessional."

"Yeah, but that's what makes it sexy." He winked at me.

I laughed and pushed his knee away from mine, turning us both back to the boys to finish what we were talking about. Mirina was coming home sometime tomorrow, so I was very excited to finally have a girl friend to talk to about the events that have been going on between Roger and I.

But for now, I'll just enjoy it on my own.