Epilogue

A/N

Because:

1) I'm a dumbass who can't move on easily

2) It literally demolished my heart knowing our Minari is going through such a hard time :(

I decided to make a finale(?) closure(?) for this wolf x fox AU lmao

If this doesn't meet your expectation, I'm so very sorry! >.< But I hope y'all can enjoy huhuhu I love you all!

.

.

.

.

.

Three years after her departure from her clan, Mina comes across a figure from her past.

.

.

.

.

.

"Mina?"

The sudden appearance of this particular fox must have been the highlight of Mina's day. Or month, probably even her year. The vixen was just tending her pup along the riverside, teaching little Lisa how to hunt for fishes. It hasn't even been an hour, the sun hasn't risen enough that the morning dews haven't evaporated, when a painfully familiar, white-pelted fox shows up at the other side of the river.

Lisa yips and immediately moves behind her mother's legs when she sees the newcomer fox. The young mixed-race pup is terrified; understandable considering how rowdy this Omega fox appears like. Her snow-white pelt looks dirty, with scars and dirt covering her skinny body. Those bright yellow eyes that once shined proud now look tired, but also glowing with pure happiness at the sight of a friend.

"No way," Mina mutters, taking a few steps back. "Jihyo?"

"You remember me!" the white-pelted vixen–Jihyo–howls, effortlessly leaping across the river to Mina's side. She seems like she's about to hug Mina to death, but she stops once she recognizes a trembling pup between Mina's legs. Jihyo approaches Mina slowly, a look of disbelief and joy filling her feature. "Is that really you, Mina? I'm... I'm not mistaken, right?"

Mina nods, still wary. Upon the other's confirmation, Jihyo lets out a laughter, raising up her paw to wipe a single tear escaping her eye.

"Three years... holy shit, after three whole years," Jihyo says, her voice hoarse. She looks like she's still having a hard time to accept that she meets Mina again, with her eyes repeatedly going all over the younger fox's figure and the little pup with her. "I can't believe you're... you're alive..."

Jihyo sobs then, her frail body shaking uncontrollably as she collapses on the ground. "I... I thought you're gone... Mina–"

Feeling her heart crumbles seeing her once proud leader breaks in front of her, Mina pats Lisa to tell her that the other fox is not a threat and approaches Jihyo. She instinctively curls her canine body above Jihyo to provide her some kind of comfort. The older vixen sniffs, nuzzling Mina's furry neck with her face. Lisa, albeit her hesitation, joins her mother to curl beside the foreign Omega fox.

After a few minutes of cuddling each other, Jihyo clears her throat, wiping the remaining of her tears and stands up on wobbly legs. She puffs air to Lisa as an act of greeting even though the pup avoids her.

"Your pup is so pretty," Jihyo absentmindedly praises. A smile forms on her lips at the sight of Lisa cuddling Mina's hind legs. She looks up to Mina then, noticing how Mina stares at her worriedly and chuckles. "You don't know how happy I was when I saw you across the river. After everything that happened... so this is where you've been all this time, Mina?"