◇□ Chapter Thirteen □◇

"Jason...."

"Jason..... wake up"

Jason stirred, his head was pounding, the words he heard were slurred, and faint. There was a constant ringing in his ears that he couldn't escape. He tried opening his eyes, only to be met with a blinding light, and.... what is that? Who is that? A shadowy figure had blocked the blinding light, was he smiling? Jason was able to lift himself up to his elbows, he took a second to look around. An alley way, how the hell did I get here?!

"Jason are you alright?" Jason snapped his attention to the man kneeing by him.

"Dick? H- how a- are you talking?" Jason asked in disbelief, Dick squinted back at him, "With my mouth.... are you sure you're okay, you took a nasty fall." Dick pointed up to the top of the roof, just above them. Jason looked up, still extremely confused. He stared back at Dick. He seemed different, it was Dick for sure, he had the same amazing eyes, but his hair had grown out, the tips covering his forehead. He seemed, bigger, more built. He jaw line and cheekbones were more defining. It was only then Jason realized that Dick was calling his name. Dick shook him a little trying to get his attention.

"Jason!"

"Hmm? What?" Jason asked innocently.

Dick stared back at him questioning for a second, "Are you on something right now? Because you said that you quit that stuff." Dick pointed his finger sternly at him. Jason hit it away as he got up, "No I'm not on anything- whoa, why are you taller than me? Whoa why am I so tall?!" Jason looked down at the ground that seemed so far away.

"Okay yeah you are definitely high right now." Dick muttered as he started to walk away. Jason jumped after him, "No, no, I swear I'm not, I'm just- I - i think i have a concussion or something, from that.... fall. I'm having trouble remembering some things. So can you just give me a short history lesson real quick, that would helpful." Jason smiled at him, with all teeth.

Dick sighes, "Well, we were messing around on the rooftops, seeing who could out jump the other. When you seezed out or something and fell." He explained. Jason nodded quietly saying, "Right, right." As they walked down the street, Jason glanced into the window of a store, gasping at his reflection. The scar across his eye was deep, his hair was longer, the white streak in his hair was gone. Jason frantically went through his hair trying to find a trace that it was ever there. Dick stopped looking over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

"My hair. What happened to it?"

"You dyed it. Like three years ago. Dude are you sure you're okay?" Dick placed his hand on his shoulder. Jason ran his hand through his hair one last time trying to comprehend what was happening. "Maybe we should get home." Dick suggested guiding him down the sidewalk. Jason was out of it the entire way home, he looked around the city. He knew it was Gotham, it all looked pretty much the same. Except for the little things Jason noticed. He let out a sigh of relief as he stepped inside the manor, where everything seemed to be in place. But something about the old mansion irked Jason to his core. It was quiet, almost silent. Jason had to guess that the last time it was this quiet was when Bruce didn't know any of them existed. Back in his bachelor days. Jason stepped into the hall, looking around.

"Where is everybody?" Jason asked, expecting to have seen Tim or Damian  by now, or at least Alfred.

"Tim is probably picking up Damian from school." Dick repiled, Jason nodded like he already knew that. He still wasn't use to hearing Dick's voice, and he still wasn't sure about what exactly was going on. Where was he? How'd he get here? What happened to his mother? His head was full of questions, ones he probably wasn't getting any answers too.