◇□ Epilogue □◇

Damain sat silently on the couch, his hands resting in his lap. It had been three months since his brother - passed. He hadn't slept much, or ate, or talked. None of them really had. Damain guessed they were all just going through the motions. He glanced up at the decorated tree. The bright white lights being the only source emulating light in the room. He looked at the presents surrounding the tree. He chuckled at the memory that suddenly came to mind. It was a few years ago, the first year the boys had been living with Bruce. Damian hadn't come to understand the 'meaning' of Christmas just yet. He would always go on saying, "there's no point". He would rather be spending his time training, not sitting around tearing paper off of boxes. Dick had changed his mind. He had snuck into Damian's room late that night, waking him up from his slumber and dragged him outside. As Damain stepped onto the field of snow, he couldn't stop from smiling. He remembered being out there for hours, Dick declared a snow ball fight, they built forts. Damian wiped the single tear from his cheek, as the front door swung open. He rolled his eyes, getting up from the couch.

He came around the corner, leaning on the wall crossing his arms. Jason had stumpled in, slinging his backpack off and to the side of the hall. Bruce came stomping down the hall, a frustrated look upon his face. "Where have you been?" He asked angrily.

"Nowhere." Jason slurred.

"Jason. Where. Have. You. Been."

"I said nowhere!"

"Jason your drunk, and probably high-"

"Oh and the greatest detective solved another case!" Jason shouted sarcastically, throwing his hands up. Bruce let out a breath of anger, he was having a hard time controlling the urge to not tackle his son to the ground. The arguing continued, it could be heard all throughout the manor. Damain slipped away, trying to escape what happened every night now in days. He passed the kitchen, the smells of whatever Alfred was cooking were migrating into the halls. Damian walked through the gardens, his hands shoved into his pockets. The light layer of snow beginning to cover the ground. The small flakes of snow sprinkled on Damian's black hair, and sweater. He came to a stop, staring down at the stone. He kneeled down, his fingers tracing over the engraved name.

"Hey Dickie, I know I uh, I haven't been here in a while. Jason quit the team, so me and Tim took you're guys place. It was weird at first, it still is. But school has been the worst, especially for Jason. All the whispers, all the stares.... people pretending to be our friends. They treat us like were made of glass, but then again... maybe we are. At the very mention of your name Jason goes on a rampage, Tim stays in his room almost 24/7. Bruce has been trying to make us all comfortable, trying to keep the peace. Him and Jason fight every day, he benched him from patrol, maybe for life. He seems serious this time. Jason's been failing in school, he drinks, parties, hangs with people he shouldn't, goes to bad places, he breaks down alot, gets angry easily; well easier." Damian took a deep breath, clenching his fists together.

"Why'd you do it?" He snapped. "Why did you have to go and save me, Dick?You could of just let me die.... always the hero.." he whispered under his breath. "You have a memorial at the cave, and in town, both you and Renegade. Bruce told the press that it was a car accident, which he had to stage. The things we do for you." He teased lightly, shaking his head. "Barbara has been coming around alot, her and Tim have become ready good friends. I think it's because you two are alot alike. Smart, calm, quiet." Damain couldn't help but give a small laugh, "I'm sorry, it's just- if you don't get back here quick, Barbara might find herself another Wayne." Damian placed his hand on the cold almost frozen stone. He closed his eyes, tears slipping out. His breath showing in the cold air. "Come back, Dickie. Please, come back."

◇□◇□◇

The eerie feeling of the dark cave was hard to explain. The woman standing above the pool of green liquid seemed to be impatiently waiting. Her arms crossed, her stance wide. A man was beside her, wearing a robe. His hands clasped behind his back. He glanced down at the woman's foot, that was tapping. The sound seemed like gun fire as it echoed off the walls.

"Talia." He spoke sternly. She quit immediately. "I'm sorry father, but this is taking forever. It's been three months, are you sure its working?" She questioned.

"My child, the Lazarus pit takes time, especially in this case considering his 'injuries. The pit is meant to heal, I can not guarantee that it will bring your boy back from the dead." His eyes stayed on the green pool, the light reflecting in the cave.

"Well-" Talia began but quickly silenced herself as the water began to move. Slight riffles became waves, splashes of water went everywhere. Talia covered her eyes and looked away as there was a bright light emulating from the center of the pool. Ra's and Talia both slowly looked back, as the water was becoming still once more. They would have lied if they said they weren't just the slightest frightened when a hand came up from the water digging its nails into the stone of the cave. The boy pulled himself up out of the water, breathing heavy. He took a deep breath, his bare chest expanding as he did. He sat on his knees in front of Talia and Ra's, his wet hair hanging down below his eyes.

"Wh - where a- am I?" He asked. He asked.... Talia and Ra's exchanged surprised glances. His voice was raspy, he almost sounded unsure of himself. He was staring down at his hands, closing them into fists just to open them back up again. Talia took a step forward, kneeling down beside him.

"It doesn't matter. But I do have a job for you..." she brought the small gun to his neck, pulling the trigger. He gave a slight hiss of pain but that quickly went away. His eyes widened, there was a haze of green that went over his bright blue orbs. But then he went completely relaxed. Talia smiled seeing how well the mind control device she got from the doctor worked.

"Now that job of yours... I need you too..." She leaned forward cupping her hand as she whispered in his ear.

"Kill the Wayne Family."