Im fine

The man came rushing down the hospital hallway. The door flung open to revel a panting Miles edgeworth.

"Phoenix!"

The man sat up from his bed however pain ached through him causing him to lay back down.

"Jesus Christ, Wright! What did you think you were doing. Why did you continue to press that witness?" Edgeworth blurted our at the seemingly confused man.

"Edge...worth I didn't... know he had a... a gun..." Phoenix looked down upset at his current situation.

"They said you have a 65% chance of living Phoenix. I... I can't lose you! Fuck..." the man said whilst getting a chair and sitting next to the bed.

"I'm fine Miles I always get out of these situations unharmed... however... Miles if I don't make i-" Phoenix was quickly cut of by edgeworth.

"You're not going to die Phoenix! I've paid for the best medical care money can buy!"

"It's not that bad you didn't need to spend money on me!... I could have paid it myself... maybe." Phoenix said gently slipping his hand into the man next to him.

"Not that bad! You got shot by a witness on your most recent case. Are you insane?" The man said raising his voice. This made Phoenix flinch a little at the scolding.

"Sorry, Wright."

Silence. Edgeworth looked down at there intertwined hands and stared.

"Ah sorry about that edgeworth i just wanted to... to reassure you that I was ok." Phoenix said whilst slipping his hand out from edgeworths.

"Phoenix."

"Yea"

There was a pause. Edgeworth contemplated on the next thing his was going to say.

"Did I do something wrong? Edgeworth please talk to me." Phoenix almost pleaded.

"Wrigh- er Phoenix... I think I... love you." The man Said timidly before slipping there hands together once again.

"Miles... I love you too. I've liked you since we were kids! You're... you're my everything..." Phoenix excitedly said as edgeworth smiled and listened. He slowly rubbed circles into the mans hand.

He leaned in for a kiss. They kissed passionately before breaking it off for air.

"I'm glad you told me. I can feel myself fading away." The defence attorney said weakly.

"Fading away! Wright whatever do you mean. No. No, you're fine stay with me." He stuttered on his words. He gripped Wright's hand he could hear the heart monitor slowing.

"DOCTORS, anyone please help. He's dying please. SAVE HIM!" Edgeworth shouted frantically. Nurses rushed in to help Phoenix doing all they could.

"Edgeworth I love you..."

But it was too late. Those were the last ever words spoken by Phoenix.

Edgeworth still has vivid nightmares about it. He sat in his office looking at funeral plans.

"I could have done more. So, so much more." He cried before collapsing onto some papers. Miles grabbed the photo of Phoenix he kept on his desk and looked at it.

"So much more." Tears fell onto the frame.

"I love you."

A voice drifted along the wind just catching edgeworths attention.

"I know edgeworth."

That was Phoenix's voice.

The end sorry it was a sad chapter but when I saw this prompt i knew I had to use this idea just to (hopefully) move a couple of you to tears. I know it's kinda short but you know I can only write so much in half an hour.
<3