Surprise!

It was a bright Tuesday morning and Leila awoke to the tinkling sound of her alarm. She looked over at her iPhone screen and peered at the time on the screen. Seeing the time 6:00 she rolled over onto her plush pillow releasing a groan. All of a sudden a shout sounded from downstairs

"Leila you have to get up now I need to get to work and you need to get ready or else you'll be late!"

Leila replied rubbing the sleep out of her eyes,"Alright mom just a second"

10 min later she walked down the stairs in a simple graphic t-shirt depicting her favorite show. The flash. God she loved to watch that show.

Her mom looked her over passing a plate with a bagel on it over to her with a "good morning love how did you sleep?"

Leila replied, "I slept alright a little trouble going down but you know that once I'm out I'm out for good"

Her mom looked back at her slight concern in her eyes,"well you know you can always take a melatonin or I could get you something else to help at night."

Leila looked back at her mother reassuring her that she is fine and that it won't be necessary.

Her mom looked back and said,"oh alright sweetheart whatever you would like" She also quickly added,"oh and you have a dentist appointment after school at 3 so no hanging out with Sarah or Armin after school.

She silently thought, "wow thanks mom for telling me on short notice" This had been happening a lot lately. Ever since her mom and dad got a divorce a year ago her mom had flung herself into work. She was a nurse and a very good one at that. However she had often been very distracted of the late and forgetfulness was something that came along with that. But Leila being understanding simply said, "ok I'll be ready"

Her mom leaned down to place a light kiss on her cheek her moms soft brown hair landing on her shoulder  as she waved goodbye and closed the door with a light thud. The light smell of roses lingered in the air a few seconds after as Leila settled back into the barstool eating her bagel.

She sat there on her phone checking Instagram, opening snaps and watching fan edits of various shows until the clock read 7:00. School started at 7:30 and she usually started driving there at around 7:15 as the school was just a few miles away. She moved to gather her school supplies pushing her MacBook and binder into her navy blue backpack.

She headed out the door taking a deep breath before starting up the engine of her silver Toyota Corolla. The drive was short with lite traffic save for the fact of rude immature high school drivers she had to encounter at the stoplight to her school. She arrived and took the key out of the ignition and hopped out slinging her backpack over her shoulder.

After school

Leila power walked out of school trying to get out at soon as possible in time to make it to her appointment. She had a big pet peeve about being late as she expected that of other and herself. The drive to the office was 15 miles away and it was 2:05. That left her approximately  30 min to get there if the traffic wasn't to bad and she got out of the school fast enough to miss the rush of cars all trying to leave at once. God this parking lot sure was a nightmare.

After a 28 min drive like she predicted it would be around  she pulled up into the parking lot at 2:35 to Jackson's family dentistry. She pulled the keys out of the ignition and walked into the office.

The strong smell of antiseptic entered her nose as she walked in. She would never get over that smell as she cringed up to the front desk.

The lady at the front desk plastered on a fake smile and in a sugary voice said to her,"are you here for an appointment?"