Ghosting....

It had been a few days and Leila still hadn't texted Jake or called Armin. Her mouth was feeling better but she was still in minor pain. She popped a Tylenol, as she sighed once again staring at the text Jake had sent her.

Just than she heard a knock on her door and briskly turned around accidentally tapping in the typing bar.

Her mom upon seeing the frightened look upon her face said.."Is something wrong Leila? You look look like you saw a ghost for a second. I just came in to tell you that I'm going to go watch a movie with Scott and I'll be back later"

Leila breaking out of her panic nodded back at her mom saying,"Alright have a good time before turning back to her phone" she thought silently to herself I hope Jake didn't see that.

But Leila wasn't so lucky and Jake was also looking at the text he had sent to Leila. His intelligent eyes scanned over the text trying to figure out if he had said something wrong. Just than he saw the typing bubble come up to see it briefly disappear once again. So he thought this is what ghosting felt like.

He deeply sighed. This had never happened to him before. Usually girls were begging to be with him. How had his charms failed him. But on the other hand maybe she was just scared and confused he silently thought to himself. He would never understand girls. What had I said that had caused her not to text him back for this long he pondered to himself.

Ugh he was getting distracted. He was going to get his certification for dentistry in a few days and had to get back to studying and couldn't afford to be distracted. However he couldn't get Leila off of his mind. Just everything about her allured him...and there was what she had said on the anesthesia. He knew that what she said had to hold some truth. The anesthesia always brought out things people would never say and this had to be one of those. But maybe he was just being delusional.

Suddenly a loud booming voice shouted JAKE and broke him out of his thoughts. He whirled around to see his dad staring him down, his penetrating gaze boring through this skull as he demanded,"What are you doing Jake?! Your supposed to be studying and what is that PHONE doing in your hand. What have I told you Jake?"

Jake turned around as his dad was yelling at him and muttered,"I'll get back to work sorry dad"

But his dad must have been having one of those days because he whirled on him saying, "Jake you know how serious this is? Sorry doesn't cut it, do I have to treat you like a teenager! How many times do I have to tell you to get off your dam phone"

Ok now Jake was mad and he yelled back just as loudly,"it's a god dam Sunday! Why can't you just leave me alone for once and quit bitching about everything I do and stop trying to control my life!"

His dad looked back at him a look of hurt and shock registering on his face as he turned and closed to door saying quietly,"If that's how you feel son" under his breath.

Jake buried his hands in his face quietly saying what have I done...what have I done... when a silent ding cane from his phone. He picked it up to see a one line text from a certain Leila.

The text read Sure when do you want to meet?

Jake immediately grabbed his phone typing a quick reply saying,"Um we could meet at the Starbucks near the office Tuesday if you want"

**************************************************
Leila couldn't believe that she had sent the text. Shortly after the text below it saying um we could meet at the Starbucks near the office Tuesday if you want appeared on her screen. She thought geez that was quick and placed her phone back on her nightstand.

However there was one thing left she had to do. She  picked up her phone once more and shot Armin a quick text saying,"Hey I'm free to talk if you still want to"

A few minutes later Armin responded saying,"Ok I'll call you soon. I'm almost home" with a smiley face emoji.

Leila wondered what it was Armin wanted to discuss with her while she waited. He had been acting a little distant since the start of fall break. She wondered why but just than her phone began ringing as it buzzed loudly against her nightstand.

She picked it up to hear a Hey Leila from Armin which she said back in response hey armin.

The conversation went on them going back and forth about what they had been doing that fall break and eventually the conversation began to become serious.

Armin said shyly,"Hey can I tell you something?" Which Leila responded,"Yes you know you can tell me anything Armin"

Armin continued saying,"Well we've been friends forever and it seems that I've grown to like you over time."

Leila didn't really take the hint replying bashfully exclaiming,"And your not so bad yourself" which armin cringed internally at the sound of.

Armin than said,"I mean like really like"

Leila's insides twisted at the sound of this. Leila had never really felt like this towards Armin and she felt bad that she couldn't reciprocate those feelings.

However she just said quietly,"Oh Armin"

And not knowing what to do Leila said,"Can we talk about this another time? In person"

This was not the response Armin had expected. Leila almost sounded sad as she asked him to talk about it another time. However he still held on to the belief that it was possible that she felt the same way....

Hope you guys liked this chapter! Good things coming up next.