Chapter 1: Daily Randomness

Twenty-seven-year-old (your name) (last name) sighed as she closed the door behind her, dumping her heavy suitcase on the floor by her feet. She kicked off her shoes, her aching feet throbbing in protest as walked to the living room, flopping down heavily onto the soft cushions of the sofa. (your name) stretched, her arms raised above her head, the joints popping satisfyingly. She had just come back from a month-long holiday in Osaka, Japan, and she was exhausted. 

It seems that Mariana was still asleep.

Leaving her laptop bag on the sofa, (your name) hauled herself off to Mariana's bedroom. The door was left slightly ajar, a faint glow coming from the doorway. Just as (your name) was about to push the door gently open, the door swung backwards, revealing a very dishevelled-looking man standing in the semidarkness. The man gave a start when he saw (your name) standing.

"Hello, " (your name) said, shock clear as day in her voice. 

"Goodbye," the man said before, with his phone in hand, he pushed past (your name), heading for the door. Moments later, the front door slammed closed. 

Well, that was rude, (your name) thought to herself before she entered the room.  

In the semidarkness, a figure could be seen sprawled out on the bed, the duvet bundled around her. When (your name) got closer to her, all she could hear was the quiet snoring coming from a sleeping Mariana. She attempted to shake her awake, but to no avail. Mariana grumbled in her sleep, pushing her away, mumbling something about wanting five more minutes. Getting an idea, (your name) smirked, leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"Hey, lil mama, let me whisper in your ear-"

"Jesus Christ!" Mariana cried, her eyelids flying open as she slapped (your name) on the arm. "Don't do that!"

(your name) was left in a fit of giggles as she dodged another flailing arm. Mariana slumped back down onto the bed and felt the area of bed beside her and, after not feeling anything there, turned to (your name). "Did you see where Connor went?"

"Ah, so that's his name. Yeah, he legged it."

Mariana laughed. "Figured as much, they usually do."

"I've noticed," (your name) sat down into the bed next to her. "I've gotten used to you bringing over guys- and girls, for that matter- for them to ditch you in the morning."

"Ah, well, at least I'm more sexually active than you will ever be!" she smirked at (your name).

She was shocked to see that (your name) wasn't reacting to the jab. "He wrecked your bike."

"What?!" Mariana flung the duvet off of her body and dashed past (your name), unashamed of her nakedness, and leaning out the window. She turned around to hit (your name) around the head again. "Oh, you arse!"

The silver Yamaha Fazer FZS600 stood there, gleaming in the half sunlight next to (your name)'s car, undamaged. Another fit of giggles was wrenched from (your name)'s body as she ran around the room, attempting to escape the onslaught of slaps raining down on her. She ran into the hallway, diving behind the sofa once she arrived into the living room, hiding from a furious Mariana. "You do not joke about my baby!" she heard Mariana's voice just in front of the sofa.

She poked her head out from the side, smiling. "Well, at least I got you out of bed."

She was greeted by a pillow to the face, the force of the throw causing her head to jerk back. Mariana smirked triumphantly, plopping herself down onto the soft cushions of the sofa next to her. "That's what you get for thinking it's okay to joke about my baby."

"Yeah, yeah, just go put on some clothes," Mariana looked down at herself and jumped up as if she was electrified, dashing to her room. Minutes later, she came back out, pulling on a shirt over her bra. 

She sat back down next to her. "So, how was Japan?"

"Awesome, " (your name) smiled reminiscently at the memories. 

Mariana laughed. "Is your entire vocabulary filled with just the word 'awesome'?"

"No!" (your name) feigned hurt. "I also use the noble term of 'unawesome'."

"I swear, that anime stuff you watch is seriously getting to your head," Mariana giggled. 

"Speaking of anime, I brought back so much anime merch from Japan, you have no idea!" (your name)'s eyes lit up in excitement. "Mainly of (favourite anime), now that I think about it."

Mariana shook her head, smiling broadly. "I'm not entirely surprised. To each their own, I suppose. I'll let you unpack your goodies and display them in your room, or whatever the hell you want to do with them."

She stood and left, directing her feet towards the bathroom where, after a good minute or so, the sound of running water could be heard throughout the flat. Grabbing her laptop bag, she went to retrieve her suitcase from the doorway and dragged it to be room, hoisting it onto her bed. She unzipped it and was immediately greeted by a large bag full of various merchandise. She pulled out a figurine of Hatsune Miku and smiled at it, placing it on her bedside table. She pulled out posters of various fandoms- not just anime- and stuck them up onto her wall. 

She also bought a pretty decent cosplay. She pulled out the black wig and placed it onto her bed before she reached in and pulled out a tailcoat. She smiled at the tailcoat, remembering the events of five years earlier. 

I wonder how they're doing, (your name) thought to herself. The doorbell rang and (your name) carefully put the tailcoat down, heading to the door. She opened it and peered around her, seeing nothing but the empty staircase. A quiet struggling brought her attention to a large box at her feet, where quiet arguing could be heard from within. There was a letter taped to the top of the box: 

(your name) (last name), sincerely,

The Author. 

Okay, a bit short but I hope you enjoyed this little starter chapter regardless. See you in the next chapter! Bye-bye~!

Word count: 1016