Chapter 7: From Wolf To Cat

Time for my favourite Zelda game. Also, I'm sorry for not updating in two months, a lot has been going on (most of which I am unable to explain due to privacy reasons and it just not being appropriate enough to discuss) and I needed a break. Still didn't expect to not write for this long... Like I said, I am so sorry xxx As an apology, this chapter will be extra long. Hope you enjoy.

Link's head was throbbing when he started to wake up, his limbs stiff and heavy, shaking as they attempted to hold his weight when he stood. His vision blurred momentarily, he tried to get a good look at his surroundings. 

He was in a small, dark prison cell, the stone walls discoloured from moss and dirt. The light from the torches danced in their brackets, illuminating the dark prison walls. The cell smelled musty and old, and unknown creatures scuttled past the cell door in the gloom, making all sorts of squeaks and growls. A large metal peg in the centre of the room held the chain in place, connecting it to a shackle around Link's wrist.

Hang on, this can't be right...

Link's ears pricked up in alarm as he examined himself; inside, he began to panic slightly. Instead of his regular Hylian body and blond hair, he was trapped in the body of a wolf- a beast with long, dark fur; his pierced ears and blue eyes the only things that linked Link the Hylian with this beast. The shackle tightly encompassing his left paw, Link began desperately tugging at the chain to no avail. The chain rattled loudly, the sound echoing around the cell he was in.

He tried running as far away from the chain as possible, stumbling slightly over his new four-legged body, pulling the chain tightly. He tried running in circles, tugging on the chain as hard as he could. He ran back to the peg in the centre of the room, his claws trying in vain to gouge it out of the old stone. 

It was when he was trying to gnaw the shackle off that he sensed it: a pair of eyes watching him. His head shot in the direction of the cell door. A small figure- an imp of sorts- stood there. The imp was naked, dark markings covering almost all of its turquoise skin. Like Link's Hylian body, the imp had long, pointed ears. A large, dark headdress of sorts was perched atop its head, long fiery hair poking out from behind the headdress. The imp's glowing, reddish eyes stared back into Link's.

A large grin broke out across the imp's face and it jumped into the air, disappearing from view. Link backed away from the cell door, looking around in alarm. The imp reappeared inside of the cell and landed on its feet near Link. "I found you!" cried the imp in a feminine voice, excitement lacing her words.

Link's ears flew forward and his muzzle scrunched up angrily. He lowered his stance, growling aggressively at the imp, his eyes staring. "Oooh! Aren't you scary?" the imp mocked, laughing and crossing her arms. "Eee hee! Are you sure you want to be doing that? Snarling and glaring at me?"

When Link continued to snarl and growl at her, she continued. "Well, that's too bad... I was planning on helping you... If you were nice."

Hearing this, Link immediately stopped, raising his stance. His eyes softened slightly and his ears twitched, his tail gently wagging. Midna giggled. "Eee hee! That's much better! You humans are obedient to a fault, aren't you?"

She walked closer to Link, smirking widely. "Oops! But you aren't a human anymore, are you?" she tapped Link's chin harshly, and he moved his head away from her touch. She cackled evilly. "You're a beast! Eee hee!"

He snapped his jaws angrily at the imp. She laughed loudly at him, immediately jumping back away from his powerful jaws. "There, there. You be a good boy and calm down. No need to bite!"

She brought her outstretched arms in front of her and dark energy immediately began forming in her palms. A dark cloud with bright lightning crackling in the mist formed in the the space between her palms and exploded from her when she propelled the energy forwards. It connected with the chain linking to Link's shackle and snapped the metal, freeing Link.