~ SPATIO TEMPORAL SETTING ~

Note: PLEASE READ THIS CHAPTER TO UNDERSTAND THE PLOT

Here is the map of England during the 12th century. Each character of the story will rule or live in a different territory.

MAP OF ENGLAND - XII CENTURY

made by

OCHIUL•NEGRU

with KRITA

Context:

In the 12th century, three groups divided England's people:

The Angles (green lands)

The Saxons (purple lands)

The Britons (blue lands)

Each of them considered themselves as different federations forming the motherland England.

The federations have several territories divided in lands.

For example, in the territory of Mercia, Nottingham is one of their lands. (The different lands are witten in black and are separated with red lines. The names of the territories are in big grey capitals.)

Each territory has a main land, leader of the whole territory (written in slightly bigger on the map)

For instance, Nottingham is leader of Mercia.

(So are Portsmouth, Middlesborough, Strathclyde and East Anglia for their respective territories)

Note from the author:

This story is based on the legend of King Arthur and the sword in the stone. Therefore, I created a plot in this particular setting which is England in the 12 th century. However, I have not mentioned all of the different lands at this period and some territories might have been bigger or smaller in the past.

I made these slight changes in order to not complicate the story even more.

However, each and every location stated is real, such as the names of the federations.

Feel free to come back at this chapter and look at the map in order to situate the story and understand where are living each characters.