●•3•●

•Jennie•

"WAR ?"

"What do you mean war ? "

"It means what it means, my lady. The only issue is that we must wait for your father’s vows."

Jennie frowned and shook her head.

"What vows ? you’re his right hand, you can make the vows for him."

"You don’t understand..."

The man replied while walking in the room.

"The Lord of Nottingham called for Shrewsbury and Northampton, as well as for the Northumbrians, to gather our forces and fight against the Saxons. But only your father can allow Northampton to fight along Lord Kim.”

"But the Lord of Nottingham is one of us, why can’t you just send the soldiers to Nottingham ?" Chaehyung desperatly whined.

The man sat down on the couch, rubbing his forehead.

"Because. The law is the law."

"Great."

Jennie huffed in annoyance and went out of the office.

Her father never went to tour their land.

Never.

And he just had to do it for the first time yesterday.

Now, they had to wait for him to come back at the castle, and it could surely take more than one day, depending on where he was. Northampton was a big territory.

Not as big as Nottingham though… It’s going to take our men ages to arrive at the frontiere if they don’t leave now…

And of course, the young duchess didn't have a single word in the matter. She couldn’t do anything.

Wait-

"Sir Astin ! Sir Astin, wait !"

She caught up with her father’s right man who had just left in the hall.

"Yes, my Lady ?"

"Why don’t they ask for help in East Anglia ? For sure they will be faster than my father, he’s going to take ages."

"I’m afraid the Lord of Nottingham himself did not request any help from the East of our land, my Lady. And we cannot do anything, since Wessex declared war to Nottingham. The Lord Kim is the one who decides of his military arangements."

The brunette frowned.

"That’s just dumb. Why didn’t he want East Anglia to help them ? Everyone knows my father is not the best leader out there, and efficiency is not part of his vocabulary."

The man just shrugged and Jennie sighed.

Men are a desperate case when it comes to politics.

•Taehyung•

"The Lord of Middlesbrough and the Duke of Lancaster have arrived, my Lord."

"Very well, we will come in a second."

Taehyung gathered his papers while Jimin helped him, and they both got out of the Lord's office to go meet the other leaders.

"Are you sure the Duke of Northampton will agree to send his men? Last time we had asked for his help, he arrived nearly too late.."

Taehyung shook his head while they continued to walk through the halls.