XIV

*Enjoy Reading*

Chapter XIV

She didn't dare question her father no matter how much she wanted to, she just couldn't find it in herself to go in front of him and demand answers.

So she stayed in her room. Replaying that moment again and again in her mind and ignoring the fact that it was a mental torcher and physical exhaustion.

Maybe because deep down inside of her, she knew her father wouldn't make such a decision without any reason.

But what made her uneasy was the fact that Mehar loved Ozhan, and that he had always been a younger brother to her and a good friend which she seemed to be loosing in the upcoming new future and ties.

Her step-mother was another case. She hadn't come out of her room and had kept it locked and Shehwar knew that her father was probably sleeping in one of the guest rooms.

She sighed before rolling over and grabbing her phone from the empty space beside her on her queen sized bed. She turned on the screen in the dark room to see that her phone clock read two-thirty in the morning.

She slammed her phone on her bed, screen down and got up. Shehwar didn't turn the light or her side lamp on and searched for her shawl.

The nights were starting to become colder and colder as winters approached.

Once the shawl was securely around her upper half of the body, she went over to the sliding glass doors and out in her attached balcony.

Shehwar's eyes turned upwards to see the stars but she found them hidden behind the dark clouds, while the moon played a game of peek-a-boo.

She sighed and let her eyes fall to the garden towards the planted flowers.

Her eyes met Ozhan's.

Both of them didn't move. Ozhan because he wanted to see how Shehwar would react upon seeing him and how she felt about the decision made by her father. And Shehwar because she wanted to see if he had any ounce of shame in his eyes.

He seemed to be lacking as after a few moments of the staring contest she saw him duck down his head and draw out his phone from his dress pants. His phone screen lit up and he typed something on it. Just when he looked up at her she heard her phone ping with a new text on her bed.

When she didn't make a move to go inside her room and check it, Ozhan appeared to be nodding his head to himself in the dim light of the back porch. He turned on his phone again and tapped a few more times.

This time her phone rang with an incoming call.

Shehwar fisted her hands on the railing and clenched her teeth while Ozhan shoved his free hand in his pocket and looked up at her.

Shehwar abruptly turned around and flew towards her bed making it bounce as she swiped the phone screen red. She pinched her eyes and read Bismillah a few times to calm her rising temper down.

Her eyes snapped open when her phone pinged in her hand.

Attend my call, Dur-e-Shehwar. The text read.

And the previous one was simply a sheepish face.

She rolled her eyes and took her phone back outside in the balcony with her, incase he decided to- which she knew he would do again if he did the first time, ring her phone again and possibly wake up Mehar from across the hall in the quiet night.

But Shehwar didn't know that her sister was already wide awake staring into the dark as thoughts ran in her mind.

Ozhan called again and motioned with his head for her to pick up her cell with his head.