XXI

*Enjoy Reading*

Chapter Twenty one

A week in Italy and she was back there; after a near twenty years. Everything was as she remembered.

The four rooms on the first floor with two on each side of the small hallway. The small living room attached to the open kitchen. Staircase just by it leading to the first floor and further to the atic, the staircase her Mamma fell down from.

The house gave no warm feelings like it did back then. Everything felt soulless and deserted.

It screamed the life changing days passed through and the following loneliness.

'It's cute,' Shehwar had heard Aria comment. They had picked her up along on the way as her younger uncle lived only a fifteen minutes drive away from her childhood home.

'Yeah,' Sabrina, agreed.

Shehwar couldn't gather the courage to touch a thing or feel it. It was like she wanted to block everything out. At that time she realised, she had never really cried over her mother's death. She avoided the topic like a plague.

'Dad, can we look around?' Sabrina had asked. Uncle Mehmood gave them permission with a warning to not touch anything and Shehwar was thankful for that.

'I'll go get something to eat for us.' her uncle said before he had left. It was only Shehwar, Ozhan, her uncle, Aria and Sabrina who had come to look at the house which had been closed for over two decades. But it wasn't dusty or anything rather spotless as if thoroughly cleaned, and hence Shehwar was yet again thankful to her uncles who took care of the things after them gone.

'So would you show me around?' Shehwar sighed at Ozhan's question and decided to do so.

They had spent an hour with the tour. Aria and Sabrina had joined them too, who seemed interested and had a look of awe on their faces when they entered the toddler Shehwar's room.

'They are soooo cute! Adopt me you two, that's the only way I'll be able to inherit them!' Aria squealed upon seeing the vast collection of stuffed toys Shehwar had left behind on the small bed just below the window which was covered with cotton soft covers and sheets.

Ozhan stood gapping with his mouth hung open while Sabrina mumbled, 'Ded!'

Shehwar chuckled at their reactions and shooed them out after telling her young cousins to pick whatever they liked. They had walked- more like stumbled out with their arms full of the one's they liked the most, a few were still left behind and Shehwar could tell that Aria had her eyes on them too.

Uncle Mehmood had soon arrived and they had pizza with soft drinks. After which they locked the house and left. As per her promise, Shehwar and Ozhan were dropped off at Aunt Madina's.

They had stayed a night there before coming back to her uncle's the next day which Shehwar regretted.

'What, what are you gonna do huh?!'

'I'll tell Simon that you stole his textbook for cheating!'

'I did not cheat!... And I didn't steal either!'

'Well I wasn't the one who got a B plus in a pop quiz everyone else failed!'

Ayan probably raised his hands up in the air before he let them slap back somewhere. 'Come on Sub, we all know, I'm smart.'