弐つ .┊ ❀ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐏𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 .

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀FOR YEARS OMNYOJI had been protecting the imperial family

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀FOR YEARS OMNYOJI had been protecting the imperial family. Each passing emperor had at least an omnyoji as their right hand man. They were believed to be specialists in magic and divination, their court responsibilities ranging from tasks such as keeping track of the calendar, to mystical duties such as divination and protection of the capital from evil spirits. They could divine auspicious or harmful influences in the earth, and were instrumental in the moving of capitals. It is even said that an onmyōji could also summon and control SHIKIGAMI.

It was not until the Heian Period that they were eradicated from the imperial council. The emperor of said period firmly believed they were frauds. Despite this, it was believed that around the Heian Period omyōdo users still  had the talent to summon SHIKIGAMI and carried the potential to protect the imperial family.

Since then, omnyōji continued to practice their arts outside imperial grounds.

Folk tales would say that their bloodline had died out. The branches of families had failed to produce talented omnyōji, reducing their numbers even more.

"Abe No Seimei," Imperial Princess Aia greets back, hands clasping together before offering him a bow in acknowledgement. He returns the gesture. Afterwards, the lady proceeds to continue. "I was not expecting to meet you at this late hour,"

Standing before the princess is a man of unbelievable talent. The right hand man of the current emperor and the prince regent, ABE NO SEIMEI sits high amongst the ranking officials in the palace. Believed to be the only remaining omnyōji who can practice the art of shikigami from the main branch family, Abe No Seimei was sent to capital a few years ago and displayed his powerful practice of shikigami and since then, had been working for the imperial family ever since.

"Neither was I, your Highness." He responds curtly.

Before Aia could respond, their conversation was interrupted by growling. They both turn to where the sound was coming from, only to see creatures of bright red skin and manes of white came to view. Each step carrying pride, their growls would only become louder. A small smile forms on Abe No Seimei's features, quickly turning to the confused imperial princess. "See, even the imperial lion guards have not seen you today," He says.