四 ⠀.┊ ❀ 𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐎𝐊𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐘𝐔𝐔 , 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐑 .

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ LULL EYES THAT RESEMBLED THE OCEAN would stare down at the imperial princess

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ LULL EYES THAT RESEMBLED THE OCEAN would stare down at the imperial princess. His sword , ready to strike her down anytime if his suspicions were right , was clung on tightly on his side. "Who are you?" He repeats the question to the still frozen lady, his indifferent reaction and unwelcoming tone unfaltering.  "And what are you doing here? I believe Fujika had told the widow to not allow anyone here,"

Aia, on the other hand, was speechless. Right in front of her, was the very entity that she had been looking for. The people that she had been mindlessly searching around the capital for, The people that could be the key to saving her people. DEMON SLAYERS. Though her exterior facade seemed calm, the imperial princess was already having an inward panic attack ; He asked for her identity, should she introduce herself as the IMPERIAL PRINCESS already ? That would sound unbelievable to him. Should she spout another lie?

". . . I'm a government official," A white lie. As she says this, the princess' body loses ease and any observant person could notice the nervous tone stringing out along with her words. This demon slayer was probably one of them, as he seemed rather unconvinced of her answer. Nonetheless, he let her continue. "I was sent here to gather reports regarding the missing men in this town,"

Another clank from his sword and the princess flinches. The demon slayer also seemed to notice that. The poor could not be blamed for such fidgety behavior, it was her first time encountering an individual with an unsheathed sword ( and one that could possibly kill her ) after all. But of course, the seemingly older man won't empathize with a reason such as that.

In his eyes, she was a POTENTIAL ENEMY. A demon in disguise, perhaps. No human in the right mind would come to the premises of someone who had just been murdered, Aia realizes that. It was no wonder why this man had raised his suspicions on her— Not to mention, did not he just mentioned of her having the faint scent of a demon? Why so? The princess had never stepped outside of the palace until recently. Had she come in contact with a demon during her investigation? Was there a demon residing inside the imperial palace? That sounded too absurd.