The downside of living with a spy (Part 2)

A/N; Hey guys! This chapter is more than twice as long as Part1, but I didn't wanna split it into 3 parts. So here you go! I hope you like it.

Lots of love <3

-R

Peter's P.O.V.

It's about 3 hours after I told Pops about the fieldtrip. And I'm still not sure if it was the right thing to do. I mean, I know I can trust Pops and I believe him if he says he's not going to tell anyone. I'm just scared someone pays enough attention to notice that I'm hiding something and that then a whole interrogation follows. "Peter, are you okay?" Morgan whispers. I'm reading her her favorite story at the moment, and she's seated in my lap while Lila, Cooper, Nate and Cassie are seated across the room on several beanbags. "Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry Morgan" I answer. I don't want her to worry about me (or say anything to Dad about it...) so I finish reading them the story. When I'm done I kiss Morgan on her cheek and lift her of my lap.

"I'm going to the lab to see dad, okay?"

"Okay, can I come?" Morgan asks me, while whiping her hair out of her face. God she's so cute. "I'm sorry Mor, you know that's too dangerous for little girls like you" I say with a smile. Morgan pouts and responds with a "I'm not a little girl!". I laugh and hug her again. "I'm really sorry Mor, I'll be back for dinner okay?"

"Okay then" She kisses my cheeks and runs to sit with Cassie.

"Lila, would you keep an eye on them?" I ask the girl who's not that much younger than me. "Sure Pete, see you later"

"Thanks Lils, see you later" I respond.

-------------------------------------------------

I walk to the entry of the lab and walk inside to the sight of Dad looking like he's blown up something. Given the fact his hair is standing every possible way, he either blew something up or he's been hanging upside down from the ceiling for some time. "Hey Dad" I say laughing "What happened to your hair?"

"Hey Pete" Dad responds, ruffling my hair. "Now your hair looks just as bad as mine" he laughs. "Seriously what happened?" I say, while I'm desperately trying to fix my hair. "Dum-E decided that I was on fire" Dad sighs "I really need to make some changes to that thing".

"I can try to do that..." I offer, hoping he would say yes. I love Dum-E, he just needs to learn that not everything is on fire. "I suppose you could. Will you be careful? He might think that everything's on fire, but I still love that thing" Dad says. "Of course I will be careful! Does that mean I can do it?" I ask, almost jumping up and down from excitement.

"Yeah you can, Pete. Calm down kiddo, you're gonna bump your head against the ceiling if you don't" Dad laughs. "Yeah okay. Good point" I grin "I'll go put him in my lab"

"Okay kid, I'll call you when dinner's ready. Everyone is here, even Loki. Thor will probably come to 'Midgard' somewhere his week too" Dad informs me.

"Yay! I love it when Uncle Loki and Uncle Thor are here!" I say, practically shouting from excitement. I haven't seen them for at least 4 months now, and I've missed them. "I know kid. They love to be here too, so getting them to come wasn't that difficult" Dad smiles "Go put Dum-E in you lab, I'll call you for dinner"

"Okay, see you later. Love ya Dad" I say while I'm shutting Dum-E off, so I can take him to my lab without him spraying me because he thinks I'm on fire. "Love ya kid" Dad says turning his attention to his work again.

-----------------------

*Knock**Knock*

"Come in!" "Hey Pete, dinner's ready" Dad says sticking his head through the door of my lab. "Yes, I'm starving. What's for dinner?" I ask, trying to clean my hand with an old towel that's dirtier than my hands. "Shit, now I still have to wash my hands" I sigh, throwing the towel somewhere over my shoulder and walking to the sink. "What did you think was gonna happen? And Spaghetti, Bucky made cookies for dessert."