Ch. 5: Imminent Connection

**FLASHBACK**

(The time of the incident)

"I just don't want you here. You need to take a break. The stress is getting to you. I love you, but you need help." Liera shook her head as she began to pack a few of Lee Know's belongings. He stood there in the doorway, watching stoically as she packed his stuff. He didn't say a word. He only watched.
"Your job is wearing you down and I don't blame you. I get that. But the way you've been talking to me, hasn't been nice." She sighed softly. By this point, she realized he hasn't been saying anything to her in the last thirty minutes. When she turned to look back at the doorway, Lee Know wasn't standing there anymore.
"Where did you go? Excuse me?" She stomped out of the doorway to look around.
"Lee Minho! I was talking to you!" She huffed and stamped her foot on the carpet. He never said anything back, so she walked a bit forward to stand at the edge of the stairs to call back down to him.
"Minho? Are you in the kitchen? Why are you ignoring me?" A few seconds go by and he hasn't said anything. Just as she was about to turn back around, she saw Lee Know standing in front of her. She nearly jumped out of her skin. She gasped, and covered her mouth.
"Ugh! Goddammit, Minho. There you are! Why weren't you answering me? I was still talking to you."
A small smile stretches across his face. "Sorry. I was just checking something."

Liera's eyebrows furrowed together as she glared at him.
"What? Checking what? Were you even listening to me?" She scoffed and put her hands on her hips. Lee Know's eyes slowly scanned her up and down which made her feel uncomfortable.
"W-what are you doing? Are you going to even talk to me? Are you even going to hear what I have to say?"

Lee Know stood there and said nothing, just continued being absolutely silent. Liera immediately felt uncomfortable. She didn't know why her boyfriend was acting this way or why he won't say anything to her. It made her mad. She hated being ignored. She rolled her eyes and shook her head.
"Well, if you aren't going to listen to me, I'm going. I'm not about to fucking stand here and talk to a damn brick wall. Do you hear me?" She stretches her arm out to smack Lee Know on the chest. He just looked down at her hand after she hit him. He blinked slowly and raised his head back up. Afterwards, she turned away to walk down the stairs when she realized he wasn't going to answer or say anything back.
"Fine! Be a fucking asshole. I'm going to go make some---" As she got about to the third or fourth step, she heard footsteps behind her. Lee Know was coming down after her. Before she could turn around to look, she was immediately shoved down the stairs. The world around her twisted and turned. Her body smacked against the wooden steps and bounced right off as she tumbled down the rest of the way. She let out a sickening scream on the way down. Her head collided with the hardwood floors as she realizes she was pushed on purpose. Everything ached. Her head pounded like a drum. A warm liquid slid down her face and that's how she knew she was bleeding. She passed out after that. Lee Know turned around and disappeared back up the steps. Just as she blacked out, the front door opened.
"Liera, I'm home! Sorry that it took me so long. I had a debrief about the next job I have to do, and-" He stopped mid sentence when he saw Liera lying on the floor. His dark colored eyes slowly lit up and fear when he realized she was seriously hurt.
"LIERA!!! Oh my god!" He ran to her and gently shook her. "Liera! Liera, wake up, please! What happened?!"
She wasn't waking up. Nothing worked. Her head was bleeding and she wasn't responding.
"Shit! How did this happen?" He sobbed as he pulled out his phone to go through his contacts. At first, he didn't think to call 119. It hadn't occurred to him. Instead, he clicked on the name of the person that popped up in his head first.

Changbin.

"Mm.. Hello? Why are you calling so early?" He groaned on the other side as he picked up the phone.