Ch. 2 - Unfazed ✅

TW// non graphic mentions of rape and trashy men

I couldn't believe that I managed to ditch the ball. I wasn't even stopped on my way out! Except for that one servant asking if I wanted a glass of wine. Sorry bro! I don't drink!

I'm currently trying to find my way to the Royal Stables. Even though I've lived in this castle for all of my life the place is huge and I still get lost sometimes.

Eventually, I'm standing in front of the stable doors. Cautiously I slide the door and scamper through the opening, leaving it slightly open for an easier escape. Turning, I walk as quietly as a human can which is not that quiet. Too bad.

I move my head side to side trying to find the horse that I would 'kidnap' for my escape. I pass at least ten horses before I find the one I was looking for and stand before it's stall.

The horse was a magnificent creature. Tall and sleek formed. This horse was the definition of beauty and strength. She stood at a rough 15 hands high and her pure white shiny coat shown in the slight moonlight that peeked through the open stable door.

Her brown eyes stared at me probably because I woke her up from her beauty sleep

Her brown eyes stared at me probably because I woke her up from her beauty sleep. Sorry girl. The golden name plate that was screwed on the stall door was engraved with the name, 'Kohana'. My father bought her for me a few years back so that I could learn the art of horseback riding.

I grab her bridle which was hanging near her stall door and then slide the door wide enough for her to come out. I moved out of her way after I beckoned her out. She's done this before as I have snuck out of the castle grounds before at night, but this time I wouldn't be coming back. Hopefully.

After putting on her bridle I grabbed the reins and led her to the tack room. I wasn't gonna waste anymore time before I'm found out. I grabbed our saddle and strapped it on her back. She glared at me as I tightened it. Sorry, but I don't want to slide off girl.

I triple checked to see if everything was secure and then I got on her back. Nudging her side with my leg to get her to walk out of the stables, she huffed.

"Quiet girl. We don't wanna get caught." I soothed.

Soon we were in the clear and by that I mean we finally got into the woods that surrounded my family's castle. I got her to go into a trot and then a canter when we were even further away.

We rode for over an hour, slowing down at some points to rest Kohana. It was now the early hours of the morning but the sun had yet to rise.

Soon enough we came to a split in the dirt road. There were three pathways that led to different directions I knew not of where. So going with my gut I led Kohana through the middle path in hopes of finding a small inn to rest.

I should have known better.

The night was not so cold, however a sudden gust of wind caused me to shiver. Not to mention my hair looked like I had just c̷o̷m̷e̷ ̷o̷u̷t̷ ̷o̷f̷ ̷a̷ ̷b̷r̷o̷t̷h̷e̷l̷- I-I mean woken up...

👁👄👁

I paused. Kohana's ears were facing forward until right now when I noticed them flicking to the sides and she moved her head in a similar direction. Cautioned, I looked to both sides of the dirt path to see if something, or someone was there but saw no one. I heard no one. In fact I couldn't hear the soft chirping noises of the early birds that I could hear a moment ago-

Neighing loudly, Kohana reared onto her hind legs as a large, dark figure ran out in front of her. Said figure was holding something long and thin and shiny.

Oh no.

That dark figure has a sword. Cue panic mode.

Unsure of what was going on I slipped off of the saddle and landed with a loud thud on the dirt road. A loud pterodactyl screech leaving my mouth.

"Oof! Ow ow OWW."

More dark figures appeared next to the original one as they surrounded my splayed out form which has yet to move.

Kohana, being spooked, ran off down the road we were heading. Fantastic.

"C-can I help you fine gentlemen?" WHY AM I STUTTERING?!

Maybe I had used the wrong term because these men were definitely not gentlemen. Their icy glares and rough appearance did not make them gentlemen. No. No. More like ravenous bears.

"Ye see 'ere, boys? I tolds ye we'd find an idiot who'd come down dis path." The first un-gentleman belted out. He dawned a dirty grey long-sleeved shirt with dark brown pants and matching knee high boots. Scars littered his face and anywhere his skin was showing.

"Dis one looks a little scrawny but they'll do." He chuckled. "They're not my type but it don matter."

The rest of the group laughed along.

Okay. This is not good. I'm not safe here, but what do I do?! I couldn't stop my nervous shivering as the men approached me. I wish I wasn't a proper princess/prince. This occupation does NOT help me right now.

Two of the muscular men grabbed my arms as I tried to rid them of their hold but with no use. They were unfazed at my desperate attempt at breaking free. Soon I was pinned to the ground and the scar-face guy was undoing his belt.

No. No. NO. NO. PLEASE NO.

My eyes widened so much I thought they would pop out. It clicked what was gonna happen to me.

"STOP IT! ...PLEASE?." I yelled out desperately. Was there someone nearby? Could they hear my screams?

They only laughed.

"Don worry boys... I'll let ye 'ave a turn with dem after I'm don-."

"Oi. I'd move away if I were you. Unless you fucks wanna be roasted."

My savior had arrived.