CHAPTER 3 - Thinking and Reminiscing

Shawn's Pov

While Dr. Kyle is taking Jules for her tests I think about what we were together before all this happened. Life was so good for us, I can't believe I messed it all up.

**FLASHBACK**

Me and my family are still on vacation, we did one week of snowboarding and skiing and this week were going to the Bahamas. while were on the plane I'm talking to Juliet on facetime. Though I haven't called her Juliet since the first day I met her, I've been calling her Jules cause she said that's what all her friends call her. She's one of the best people I've ever met. whatever we didn't talk about the week we were together were talking about now. she never runs out of things to talk about she's so energetic, I love it. The day I met her we found out that we both live in Toronto.

Since our departure flight was going from Toronto and Jules drove to Ottawa, we drove back together but she just dropped me off at the airport on her way home.

"So how long is the flight Shawn?' she asked me.

"It's about 3 hours I think."

"Oh that sucks, 3 less hours in the Bahamas."

"No not really cause I get to spend it talking to you." I can't believe I just said that she probably thinks that was stupid.

"Hahaha that was good I liked that." she said to my surprise. We talked the whole way there until I had to hang up cause we were going to get off the plane.

"bye Jules were about to get off the plane now ill text you when I get the chance okay?"

"Okay Shawn, bye! Talk to you later!" she waved to me god she's so cute. I waved back, and we both hung up. Great I'm catching feelings for a girl who doesn't feel the same.

**END OF FLASHBACK**

I don't deserve her in the slightest, she's too good for me. she's such a good person but now all her friends and family might not get her back before the accident. They all probably hate me.

**FALSHBACK**

I got home from vacation and I was immediately going to see her I couldn't wait to hold her again. I was going to surprise her we were texting earlier today on the plane and I know she's home but she has no clue I'm coming she thinks I'm going to unpack. I pull up to her house and knock on her door. she opens it and jumps into my arms. I spin her around.

"Shawn! what are you doing here?" she says as I let her down.

"I'm here to see you, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out? Go out for lunch or something if you want."

"Sure! I'll grab my wallet."

"No don't worry about it, on me." I said and she smiled at me.

"Awe thanks, you're so sweet." I smiled back at her and we got in my car and went to eat.

After we had eaten I got recognized by a bunch of people. Shit. I wasn't ready to tell Jules about me but I guess now I have to whether I want to or not. We stopped and I took pictures with everyone there. I look over at Jules and she looks so confused, I'm such a jerk for keeping this from her. Now were back in my car she's looking at me with a blank expression.

"I can explain. Jules I'm so sorry I didn't tell you this before but, I'm a musician. When we met I just finished the first part of tour. I didn't tell you because I wanted to have a good friendship with an amazing girl who wasn't freaking out in my face. Are you mad?"

"Shawn, I already know who you are. I found out while you were in the Bahamas. It's not hard to figure out, you have millions of followers, your songs are all over the radio, and you're trending on twitter like all the time. I'm not mad I understand why you didn't tell me but did you not trust me?"

"God no Jules of course I trust you, I just don't know how to explain it. I guess I just didn't want to be Shawn Mendes the pop singer to you I just wanted to be Shawn Mendes because under all that I'm just a normal guy."

"Yeah I can see what you mean. If it makes you feel better you'll always be just Shawn Mendes to me."

"Thank you Jules."

"You're welcome." Both of us reached over and hugged each other.

**END OF FLASHBACK**

As I'm thinking about the good times I start playing with her necklace around my neck that I got her for our one year anniversary. I've been wearing it since she was brought into the hospital I never took it off.

**FLASHBACK**

**DISCLAIMER: IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO ABUSE PLEASE SKIP THIS PART**

It's now late February of 2016 and Jules has a boyfriend his name is Josh Coalson. They've been together since just after Christmas break, I should have told her about how I feel too late now. After everything she's told me she seems happy with him, I'm meeting him today, hopefully everything goes well. Were going out for lunch, I'm meeting them there.

When I get to the restaurant I see Jules in a booth sitting next to who I'm assuming is Josh. They're talking about something and she looks a bit upset and he looks like he's angry at her. I walk over and just when Jules is about to stand up to give me a hug josh pulls her back to his side gripping her wrist. When he lets go she starts rubbing her wrist, I sit down and start the conversation.

"Hi I'm Shawn." I held out my hand for Josh to shake but he just glares at it.

"Josh." He says as if I've done something to him. I try to continue the conversation but Josh barely says anything until Jules says she has to go to the washroom, he grips her wrist again and gives her this look that absolutely gave me goosebumps. He gave her a look a boyfriend should never give his girlfriend or actually anyone, she just nods looking down her expression looking as if she's afraid of what comes next. She gets up and leaves trying to look as invisible as she possibly can.

"Dude what was that?" I said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said completely clueless to what he just did.

"I'll tell you what I'm talking about, you just gave Jules a look that would give most nightmares what's wrong with you? She's your girlfriend" He just shoots me a glare and looks to the side, I turn around to see Jules coming back to the table as she's about to sit down he shuffles himself out of the booth.

"Were leaving." He said with a cold emotionless tone. He grabs Jules same wrist that he gripped so tight earlier and pulls her out of the restaurant. I sit there thinking and processing what just happened.

Months passed and after that day I had been trying to convince Jules that he is abusing her and she needs to get out of that relationship as fast as humanly possible but she would always deny everything I said.

At this point Jules had her 18th birthday and josh wanted her to move in with him. Until one day I had texted her and she didn't answer on any social media either, I talked to a few of her friends and they said the same thing that they hadn't talked to her in two days either. Given the circumstances I immediately thought the worst, and race over to their house.

I pulled up to their driveway thank god Josh's car his gone so I don't have to punch his teeth in, not yet anyways. Jules car is here so I'm hoping she's home. I ran up to the front door and knocked, no answer, then knocked again, no answer. I stepped off the front step and looked in the window I had to shield around where I was looking with my hands because of the glare from the sun. As I'm looking I see that their glass coffee table is smashed to pieces. Then look over to where the stairs where and see that Jules is laying there at the bottom as if she was pushed down them, not moving.

///

Well that's it for this week! I'm so sorry to do this to you but I'm not really haha. I guess we'll have to see what happens next.

Leave a comment to let me know you liked it!💖