Chapter 12

"So where am I going to stay?" Elle's voice broke through the small chatter at the dinner table in which all the avengers sat at.

Tony looked at her across the table where she was inbetween Steve and Bucky.

"We have many rooms in the compound that you can choose from or you can bunk in with Steve or Bucky." Tony said as he finished his plate of food.

Elle smiled gratefully at the man and nodded. Peter broke the silence that had surrounded the table.

"Where are you from?" The boy asked Elle excitedly.

"I'm from Brooklyn like Steve and Bucky." She responded amused with the young boy.

"Who do you remember from there?" Came the next question.

"I remember everyone like it was yesterday." Elle said with a smile. "There is Elizabeth James, Jane Smith, Betty Margaret and Virginia Williams. Those where my friends since I moved. The boys where Teddy Jonson, Todd Davis, Robert Scott and these two here." She recalled mentioning to the two next to her.

"Didn't Elizabeth James have a crush on Bucky? Didn't you scare her off?" Steve said with chuckle as he knew everyone was going to want to know the story.

"I'm going to need another glass of wine before I tell that tale." Elle said as she poured what was left in one of the bottles into her glass and taking a big gulp.

"I did not 'scare' her off." She announced to the listeners. "I simply kissed Bucky to tell her to bug off but since it didn't work, I had to take more 'drastic' measures."

"What measures?" Peter pipped up with interest.

"Yeah what measures, Elle?" Bucky teased.

It was the funniest story to the boys. And after Elle gently wacked Bucky, she continued.

"I just tripped her and she just happened to land into the mud next to Bucky." With a shrug of her shoulders finished her meal. "It sadly was her sunday dress, but it's not like her father couldn't buy her another one since they where too rich for sanity."

Buck and Steve laughed as well as the others. It didn't stop Steve from telling the tale of how Elle found some boys in the alley beating him up and she came in and knocked them unconscious. They where too embarrassed to tell the police or their parents that they got beaten by a girl, that they bought her chocolate or some other lolly every Sunday for a year for her silence.

-

When everyone had retired to their room, Bucky walked Elle to his room with her tucked into his side. His arm was thrown over her shoulders and they walked in a comfortable silence to his room.

"You haven't noticed I'm wearing the ring, have you?" Elle teased as she poked his side gently.

"Have too, I just didn't want to scare you after you woke up." He said definately.

Elle just laughed at him and stopped when they slowed down outside his room.

"There we are, home sweat home." Bucky annouces as they walk through the automatic door. "Yeah I haven't got use to the door either." He said when he saw her confusion at the door opening.

She smiled at him and pulled away from his embrace to look around the room. It wasn't sparse, there was a wardrobe and a chester-drawers. There was items all over the surface, her jewelry box being one of them. She ran her finger over the box and smiled. She turned to face Bucky only to find him a few inches away from her, staring.

"Tony gave it to us." He explained breathlessly.

"Well that was nice of him."

She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and moved around him so she could see the rest of the room.

There was a couple of chairs near a empty doorway that lead to the bathroom she used earlier. The chairs faced a large floor to ceiling window that cover part of the wall. She noticed some clothes on the chairs and a black thing, but she'll look at it later.

The bed was big, it could fit three people easily and there was a night dress layed out on the bed. She picked it up, it was long and made of cotton with thin straps and a v-neck that dipped modestly.

"Pepper got it earlier today for you, she said that she can take you shopping tomorrow if you like for some clothes." Bucky explained behind her.  She nodded in response.

"I think we should get dressed for bed. Can I use your bathroom?" She asked Bucky.

"Of course, this is your room now as well if you want it." He gestured to the room.

She smiled and went to get changed into the nightgown.

Bucky changed into a his sleep pants since he gave up sleeping with a shirt on ages ago. He was pulling back the covers of the bed when Elle stepped through the doorway.

He stopped in his tracks and traced her up and down. She laughed lightly and moved to help him with the bed but was pulled into the naked arms of James Buchaman Barnes, except one of his arms was cold and metal.

She traced his new arm for the first time, all the way up to where metal met flesh. It was scarred, with red, pink and white marks littered his skin. She leaned in and kissed everyone of the scars lightly.

Bucky could have cried then but instead when she finished kissing his scars, he gave her a searing kiss.

When they pulled away they smiled at each other and got into bed. Laying her head on his chest, Elle traced lazy patterns on his chest as his arms held her tightly but gently against him.

They fell asleep soon after in each other's arms.