Chapter 15

After a couple of games, Elle decided to make a roast for the dinner. But since the kids decided to order MacDonalds, she only had to make food for a few people.

As she was putting the veg and meat in the oven, Friday alerted her about Shuri and T'challas arrival.

"We brought some snacks for you." Shuris voice called through the house as they stepped out of the elevator. "We bought it on the way hear but I think it would be okay."

Walking into the kitchen, they both greeted the men that where playing monopoly at the table. Under Bucky's watchful gaze, T'challa greeted Elle with a smile and hug before sitting down and joining in with the boys.

Shuri carried the food over to the kitchen bench where Elle was putting the last thing in the oven.

"You need any help?" Shuri asked as she inspected the food on the stove.

"No I'm just about finished so far, but thank you anyway." Elle said as she turned to the girl and gave her a hug.

In the month Elle had been awake, Bucky and Steve had taken her to Wakanda to show her around and let her meet their other friends. For the couple of days she was there she was with Shuri in her lab, learning all she could about the modern world.

"So what food did you bring?" Elle said as she looked at the plastic plate full of already organised food.

"No clue, we forgot to bring something so we stopped at the nearest store and grab this."

"What is on there?"

"Some meat, olives, crackers, a few dips and some chocolate biscuits - we brought them separately."

Elle nodded, patted Shuris shoulder and turned to check the oven. Turning back she looked at Shuri.

"Do you want to help me make jam tarts?"

With an enthusiastic nod from the young girl, Elle went to find the ingredients needed for the tarts.

When the boys turned to look at the girls and found them laughing and making pastry for Elle's famous tarts. With a grin, Steve and Bucky looked at each other with anticipation to finally eat some of Elle's cooking again