Chapter 13

It had been a month since Elle woke up. She got new clothes with pepper, Natasha and Wanda. The girls where close now. And she was reconnecting with Steve and Bucky when they didn't have missions. She would talk to Tony about his dad and his inventions. She got to know all the avengers very well and felt really welcome in the compound.

But she never really had gone outside the compound, except for shopping as such, so she didn't really know what life was like in the 21st century, since it was still quite new to her.

One day Elle  was helping Peter bake cakes for a school fundraiser, when Bucky, Steve and Sam came in covered in sweat from their training. The three men sat on bench where they watched the two cook.

After a moment Elle wrinkled her nose at their smell and faced the men with a glare.

"Go wash yourselves." She told them pointing a wooden spoon at the three.

"But we're so tired." Steve complained while trying to steal a cake that came out the oven.

Elle slapped his hand away but Bucky came up behind her and leaned against her back. Bucky sighed as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Bucky you're all sweaty." Elle cried out trying to unwrap his arms from around her.

Bucky just mumbled against her while Sam and Steve just laughed at the couple.

"Fine let's go get you washed." Elle sighed, giving up and leading a tired Bucky out of the room.

Steve and Sam laughed while watching them and where about to grab a cake since Elle had left. But they where stopped when Peter had webbed their hands to the bench. Looking up they saw the most serious face Peter has ever pulled, putting their other hand up in surrender the webbs loosened and they ran out of the room to have their own shower. Scared of what the teen could do.

------

After their shower, Sam and Steve came into the kitchen to find Peter getting the cakes out of the oven and the ingredients for icing.

Steve and Sam went to help, as Sam got the cakes and Steve helped Peter with the icing.

"What's taking them so long?" Sam asked with a smug smile.

"Don't know." Steve shrugged. "Bucky's probably taking a bath and Elle's probably changing since Bucky leant against her. And Bucky's probably taking a long time since we didn't have that luxury when we where younger."

"Wait." Sam said. "I thought you guys where rich."

"Far from it. In fact when Elle was adopted we had no room for her so she slept in my room and when Bucky stayed over he slept in there as well." Steve looked up to grin at Sam. "When our parents died and Bucky moved in, me and Bucky would sleep in my room while Elle got the bigger room. But I sometimes would wake up in the night and see the room empty and know he went to sleep with Elle."

The two men shared a laugh about the the story when Elle walked into the kitchen with a clean Bucky trailing behind her.

"Oh, there you two are. We where just talking about you." Steve said with a fake look of surprise to seeing the couple.

Elle waved him off and turned to Peter to see if he needed help. Peter was to engrossed in icing the cakes that he didn't listen to the story Steve was telling, but atleast he got a cake tray done.

They had finished icing the cakes and Peter had convinced Elle to make brownies because he had people from school coming over. Steve, Sam and Bucky where sat at the bench joking and writing the final mission report, when Friday notified them of people at the door.