chapter 19

"Start the bridal walk."

Tony's voice echo to the earpiece as Rhodes press play on Tony's phone start the music.

A soft melody played the hidden speakers as Elle  started her walk down the aisle. Steve was walking her to Bucky, through the petaled floor and the rows of smiling people.

In a new beautiful down that T'challa's royal seamstress had made, through the night and early hours in the morning, danced around her feet lightly.

Her dress was a simple beautiful off the shoulder white dress. No add-ons or multi skirts, just plain & simple just like she wanted.

It made the three of them - Steve, Bucky and Elle - sad that their family and childhood friends will not see the wedding. But they have faith that those missed where watching from the sky.

but the sad feeling left her as our look to the end of the aisle where Bucky stood.

dressed in a nice tux with a look of utter pure awe and love on his face. They had waited so long for this moment that l had ruined her makeup three times as she cried the joy.

Manhunt Steve Roach Bucky and The Vicar, it was time for Steve to give away his last family to best friend. with a tender kiss on her cheek, Steve sent Bucky a warning look as he handed him Elle's hand.

When flash met metal, Elle's breath didn't hitch for a second as a done a few times after she just woken up.

---------

"Can you feel this?" She had asked him one night.

She intertwined their hands as they layed snuggled together on their bed.

Bucky's eyes raised from her hand to her face and flickered back to their hands again. He gripped her hand lightly with his metal one as he answered.

"Yes." He started to focus on tracing her plan as he continued. "Shit had made the arm so it would be like a real one. I can feel when you touch it. I can feel the heat of your palm." He lifted her hand to his lips to kiss the back of it. "I can feel it shake when we hold hands." He kissed a path from her hand up. " I can feel when you brush past me. I can feel you in my arms just as I had before."

Her breath hitched as he reached the hollow of her throat.

"Good." She whispered quietly as she closed her eyes, savouring the feeling of his lips. Of him.

------------

"We are gathered here today......." The vicar spoke to the quiet of the room, pulling her from the tender memory.

"Do you, James Buchaman Barnes, take Eleanor Rogers, to have and to hold. In sickness and in health, till death do you part."

"I do."

Without hesitation, like he had waited a thousand years to say those words. Like they where what compelled him to hold on, through all he had been through. Even when they took everything from him. He still never gave up, never stopped fighting. For her. For them.

"And do you, Eleanor Rogers, take James Buchaman Barnes, to have and to hold. In sickness and health, till death do you part."

"I do."

Her voice, so sweet and kind, so bold and strong, freed him.

In empty nights with a frozen capsule with no memories, no name, no home. His mind would remember, in his deepest, darkest dreams. It would show her smile, her laugh and would imagine her saying those little words. Even if he didn't remember it in the morning, he remembered them now.

And when the vicar said those last words:

"I pronounce to you, Mr and Mrs James Buchaman Barnes, you may now kiss the bride."

He swept her into his arms, in a kiss that would make cupid himself throw his bow in jealousy for their love was unbound and found.