The Lovers: Gold letters

You were awoken by the sun hitting your eyes making you groan as you felt the morning's warmth upon your skin. You got up and combed your hair with your hand obviously still drowsy, Portia eagerly waited for you outside your door. Nadia seemed to have perfectly timed her orders as you were fit and ready to formally feast with the countess once more, you gracefully walked down the corridor to the dining table where a huge painting commissioned by the count hung, you were intimidated by the amount of food resting on the table, you simply couldn't decide which to choose. You greeted Nadia and sat next to her as you cut the steak into pieces "good morning (Mc), I can tell you had a good rest" she said as you smiled at her sweetly "indeed I did... Say.. How come you sent Portia to call me?"you asked as Nadia sipped from her chalice "oh ofcourse! Apologies..." she said before putting down her chalice "I want you to give this to the counsl" she said handing you over a letter sealed by golden wax with the letter L and F carved on to it in perfect Calligraphy "who is it from?" you asked thinking it was a lover of his "I don't exactly know... But I know this is something the counsl should read himself" Nadia answered as you traced the cursive letters engraved on the seal "Valerius lives not so far from here... It's a rather large manor... With a fountain in front with sculptures and roses..." Nadia said as you placed the letter in a pouch hanging from your side attached to your outfit " his estate is more... Lively than the other courtiers I might say" Nadia said as you chuckled "A fan of interior.... not a lot of men express their feelings through... except maybe the count... but still very rare" you said making Nadia laugh "indeed my husband is very fond of interior decorations but they are always awful unlike the counsl's".

You stepped out the carriage, and as soon as you got out you faced a large manor painted gold red and a bit of white, the fountains were indeed extraordinary and the roses were in very good condition but one thing did intrigue you, you went over to the fountain and observed the liquid squirting out from it was wine, you raised an eyebrow slightly confused at how the counsl used wine instead of water. The manor was relatively smaller than the Count's palace but still extravagant, you knocked on the door using the door knocker which was shaped like a ram's head, you then heard shoes tapping and going toward the door, and there stood a young lady dressed in pants and a rather large long sleeved top, she had long blond hair and green irises which shone with innocence "welcome to the Counsl's estate... is there anything I can help you with?"She asked sweetly as your mood lifted up from the servant's hospitality "ah yes, I'm here to deliver a letter for the Counsl... I'm (mc) by the way" you said making the servant girl look at you with a shocked face "the magician?" She asked as you nodded "then you must simply stay for tea... the Counsl has been talking about you a lot lately" she said inviting you in "wouldn't the Counsl be upset if I walk in?" You asked as she shook her head "the Counsl has been too shy to ask for a long time..."she answered pushing you to the living room of the large Manor. You sat on a red throne sipping tea from a porcelain cup as the servant girl who's name is Marcella spoke to you as if she had seen the royals visit her, she was clearly amused by you and asked a lot about magic and magical tools, what has Valerius been telling her? You asked yourself as you heard the main door open and servants scrambling to assist the counsl upon his arrival, Marcella panicked and ran out the living room leaving you alone to look at the noble painting of Valerius with a wine glass in hand in what seems to be a vineyard, you scanned the room as the fire roared only then did you notice that the curtains were always kept shut " Witch?" A familiar voice said as you stood up to turn around, Valerius looked at you with one eyebrow raised and his arms crossed, Marcella held the empty wine glass in her hand as a sweat fell from your fore head "counsl, I believe this is yours" you said handing out the letter to him which made his eyes widen " where did you get this!?" he asked grabbing the letter from your hand "Nadia gave it to me to deliver to you..." You answered nervously as he sighed opening the letter  before Marcella made her way out the room. Valerius read the letter silently by the fireplace, a frown formed on his lips and he looked almost upset and... angry as well, you were curious as to what was making this man curl his lips into a frown "what's the matter?" You asked as Valerius looked at you "it's none of your concern... it's... nothing important"he said before tossing the letter in the flames. "Please. Do stay for Lunch.... I just hope you won't be doing anything special for the rest of the day" he said as you shook your head " no not at all... perhaps you can give me a tour?" You asked as Valerius smiled "I don't see why not".