Wheel of Fortune: What Lurks

Your body froze as your mind began to wander, 'what does this woman mean?' You asked yourself, thoughts echoing and suffocating.

An itch started to form at your throat as you debated with yourself whether or not it's necessary to tell Valerius about it, but you decided to keep it to yourself, for now at least.

You walked down the halls, away from the slightly opened door on your way to the dining room once again.

As you approached the entrance to the dining room, you can't help but hear shouting and teary eyed anger from the other side.

"I NEVER SHOULD'VE COME" an oh so familiar voice yelled, with all the pain and anger in the world buried deep in his voice.

" Valerius please! Calm down" a female voice as the previous voice continued to shout at a person who remains a mystery to you

"Valerius, I apologize for whatever it is that I did to hurt you and your mother" another voice, wise and authoritative made its presence known as  you gasped in shock,choosing not to disturb the quarrel from inside.

"Do you think your apology will bring  my mother back!? Do you think I'll be flattered by your gifts and letters?!"  Valerius yelled before the room fell into silence

" am I only worthy of your love now because I finally have a status?" He said, almost like a whisper, yet the wrath buried  within his voice was still loud in clear.
Soon you heard a pair of footsteps coming forward, you moved to side and Valerius swung open the door with force, leaving you to jump in surprise as he turned to look at you.

Tears in his eyes, and his braided hair messy. You placed a hand on his cheek and began wiping away the tears as he turned his head to the side in embarrassment.

"Let's leave" he said, as you nodded your head, afraid to trigger him in anyway.

Both of you sat silently inside the carriage, Valerius did not speak,he did not look at you, and he barely even touched his glass of wine.

All he did was gaze outside, his eyes tired,and his fingers tapping at the glass.

When true both of you finally arrived at his estate he looked sat you with a slight smile, a hand on your shoulder and told you to rest, telling you he'll be working in his office.

You couldn't help but feel worried for him,as you lay lay down on your bed, eyes closed and muscles relaxed. Before you knew it, you were deep asleep.

You dreamt of a familiar snowy woodland environment, and for whatever reason you felt as if you didn't have a body at all.

You tried to move around but there was no use, you were stuck in one place and surely scared.

Soon enough a figure emerged from behind one of the trees, a hooded figure of what seems to be a woman. An aura of mystery spiraling around her as she lurked.

"Young magician..."

She whispered, her voice echoing throughout the realm and sending shivers down your spine

"Can you hear me? young magician?"