Sick day

Requested by: TheGayFriends
sorry this took me so long!

*ALEX'S POV*

Frick.

I'm sick. Oh wait that rhymed. Heh.

I felt panic rise in my stomach. Last time I was sick, my mother died, And I almost did the Same. My breathing started to quicken but I immediately tried calling myself down.

'OK Alex. Everything's fine. It's all good. This is probably just a cold!'

I could've probably just ignored it. On the bright side, My work could help with that exact thing! I would just go on with my normal daily activities (mostly just writing, going over attack plans with Washington, and seeing what my friends were up to.)

"Hey sir!" "Hello Alex. How are you today?"
"I'm doing great!" Shit. Too much enthusiasm. There was a glint of amusement in Washington's eyes as he smiled at me.

I wanted to ask what he was looking at but that would be disrespectful... I just raised an eyebrow with a small smile instead.

"So. Any ideas on our next plan of attack?"

My posture immediately straightened and my eyes lit up.

"Yes sir! I actually had a few. I've also gotten 3 letters for Congress." "You didn't curse them out in the letter this time did you?"

'Uhm...'

"2 letters for congress." I corrected. He chuckled. "You cursed them out in 3rd didn't you." I gave a smug smile. "You know Alexander, you were lucky they let that slide. If they really wanted to, they could just not give us anything."

"They're not really doing much better than nothing, sir."

"That's true, but you've got to get on their good side." I raised my eyebrow waiting for him to say it. "Which you have already failed to do. Within the first week in fact." There it is. The two of us laughed but I fell into a fit of coughing.

"Are you ok, son?" "I-I'm fi-in sir." "Are you sure? You do look a bit under the weather."

"N-never better." Finally, the coughing stopped. He had a skeptical look on his face but ignored it. Relief washed over me. The last thing I need is Washington being overprotective.

"Well sir... I'm going to go see what John, Laf, and Herc are doing." "Alright. Take it easy Alex." He said with a warning tone. "Yes sir."

I walked out of the tent quickly. It felt good to not have eyes on me. It was as if Washington could read me like a book. He could always tell. 'Was I that predictable?'

"Hey guys!" "Hey Alex- Wow you look like shit." "Um...thanks?" "Anytime." "John's right man." "Wow. You guys are great friends." "I know. We're great. But seriously. Are you ok?" "Yep!"

"You are an awful lier Petit Lion." "Ok! Ok! I'm a little sick but it's nothing bad! Just a tiny cold." "...Ok... just know we don't believe your shit." I groaned. "Man! I'm that bad?" "Yeah. Does Washington know?" "Yes and no." "What's that supposed to mean?"