We all have those days

Requested by: MaggieBorchardt

*cracks fingers* woo it's been a while. Let's see how this goes

*3RD POV*

Hamilton walked to work without the normal pep in his step. Why, you may ask?

This was the day Alexander's mother died in his arms. The twelve year old boy had held her as tight as he could, as if holding it would hold her together and maybe, just maybe it would keep her there with him and James. As if it would change the reality of the fact that his mother wouldn't be in his life from that day on.

The man shook his head, hoping to clear these thoughts. Eliza had tried to persuade him to stay home and just take a mental break. (Oh shit I just made a reference without realizing it-) She reassured her husband that Washington would allow it.

First off, Hamilton hadn't taken a day off. Ever. A day off was a day wasted when he could be providing for his family. Second, even if Alex hadn't taken work so seriously, Washington would have let him off. People need a day away from work once in a while.

Alexander, of course, declined.

He had to go to work. He had to. Just because he was a little... sad, didn't mean he couldn't handle a few papers, or a fight or two with Jefferson.

Though, a day without the walking headache we know as Thomas Jefferson would have been nice...

No. He could get through the day. Once the day was done, he could go home, hug his wife and kids, and sleep it off. That easy.

Alex plopped down at his desk with a sigh. The quicker he began, the quicker it would be over. At least he had a distraction...

~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~~~~~

"Hellooo Hamilton!"

"I'm not in the mood Jefferson."

"Oh, Ham's sad?" The man faked a pout, his bottom lip sticking out in exaggeration.  "Please, never call me that again." Hamilton muttered his words bitterly. A headache was already beginning to bloom behind his eyes.

"Hm. I think I've just found my new favorite nickname for you." Fucking great.

"You sick Hamilton?" For a moment, the man thought Jefferson was asking a genuine, friendly question out of concern. Though, his foe made sure to not leave out a teasing tone.

"Nope. Just not in the mood for your bullshit. I'd love for you to leave my office and let me work."

Thomas narrowed his eyes and seemed to contemplate if he'd listen for once, or just keep pestering Hamilton. It was fun after all.

"Welp. This is my farewell for now. I'll be sure to check in again very soon Ham." The man waved like a diva, making sure to smirk at Alex before leaving.

"Or don't.."

For a short while, everything was fine and peaceful. Really, there was nothing that happened, Hamilton just let his mind wander.