three queens, a king and a jack

Adrien woke to the smell of breakfast and gave a huff before taking a shower and getting dressed for the day. He had a rough night. He spent the rest of his night doing homework but his mind wouldn't focus and he didn't get a lot of sleep making him feel tired. he walked down stairs expecting to see a chef and servants making food but instead he saw Maria sitting at the dining room table. He smiled knowing he wouldn't be eating alone. the table was already set in a simple yet elegant manner. "Good morning Adrien." Maria greeted she wore a flowing pale yellow sundress with a yellow bow in her hair and brown wedges on her feet. "morning." He smiled it would be the first time in a while that you actually had breakfast with someone and he thought he was really going to enjoy the moment while he could. "Marco is cooking hope you are hungry." The Italian girl smiled. "He cooks?" "Oh yes. Marco is very independent. When he isn't putting on fashion shows or preforming one of the many string instruments he plays he has to take care of all the housework. My father doesn't believe in servants. It's one of the reasons I won't live with him... I like mother best anyways. She's more fun." Adrien was surprised then stared at the fancy plate in front of him. "If he has a choice why stay... He seems unhappy." "He doesn't have a choice. When We were young our parents separated due to greed and not agreeing on how we should be raised. Our mother got first pick naturally. She chose me but father also wanted me which started a full out war. Mother ended up winning making my father end up with Marco. He was obviously displeased and I think father is a sore loser which is why he's so grumpy all the time but Marco really doesn't mind. He is better at handling our father then I am so I think it all worked out for the best." "He wasn't wanted..." Adrien voiced he gripped his fists as sadness and angry boiled inside him.

Maria stared at him studying the look on his face and the emotions in his eyes. The table was silent for a moment before the kitchen door opened. Adrien glanced at Marco walked as he walked in the dining room dressed in a quarter sleeve pale yellow button-up collared shirt, dark brown slacks and brown dress shoes. He also wore a white apron. He gave his his sister a look of disapproval then at the blonde with a comforting gaze as he sat the food and orange juice down. "Don't be upsetting him before he has to go to school. We were supposed to make this morning happy..." Marco scolded. "Tell that to your face..." Maria replied as she stuck her tongue out at him. Marco sighed and sat down at the large table but had nothing more to say. Maria filled the awkward silence with light conversation making Adrien smile before  Natalie approched. "Adrien it is time for school." He gave a nod and waved good bye to the twins as he left. Maria waved back then smiled at her brother. "The food is good thanks for cooking. I never get it anymore..." He touched her shoulder in a comforting way before he began to clean up the mess.

Adrien's driver drove him to school in silence as he stared out the window. Plagg peaked out of his jacket when the coast was clear. "That guy might be a weirdo but his cooking smelled really good it wasn't cheese but it smelt oh so good. I wish i could of had some..." "Yeah. He's a good cook. I don't think I've eaten anything that good before." Adrien leaned on the window. "Are you still thinking about what he said..." "I'm going to talk to him when I get home." The blonde replied making Plagg sigh and roll his eyes. "I don't see what the big deal was... You shouldn't let him get to you. I mean you are happy right? I mean you look more happy now days anyways, isn't that what matters?" "Yeah." Is all he said before getting out to be greeted by fans and friends. Nino fist bumped him and slung a friendly arm around him. "Hey dude." "Hey... Can I talk to you about something?" "Sure buddy what's up?" Nino smiled but Adrien's words got stuck in his throat. "Well... Who do you think is the cutest. Chloe. Lila or Kagami?" Nino glanced around to make sure Alya wasn't around before he whispered. "Lila why do you asked?"  "No reason just curious." Adrien said with a smile secretly kicking himself for not talking to his friend about his current situation. "You finally going to give up on Ladybug?" Nino asked but before the blonde could answer the Akuma alarm went off. "We better take cover. I need to find Alya she'll wanna get this for her blog. Later dude!" Nino ran off with a wave while Adrien ran to the closest empty room to transform into the famous and charming Cat Noir.