❁ Part 4 ❁

"Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope."
– Maya Angelou

Shot 4 : Perks of Being Married

~

"Mumma.. Why ale you clying. Kiya huwa..What happened." Pari confusingly witnessed how her mother hugged her tightly before breaking into a howling!

Kalyani came running hearing Gauri's wailing, "Daadi Maa..Om's phone is unreachable and here it's showing in the news that fire..

If something happens to him then I..

I want to go to him. Right now. I have to see him!! Now.." Regretting most about the last memory she retrieved where her loving husband tried to hug her and she jerked him off!

Jerked him like some strayed animal of the street! Or even worse!!

That sadness in his face would haunt her forever if she can't find him soon. Right at this second to be precise!

"Omkara. Where are you. Please come to your Chiraiya, right now, just right away.

I am so sorry. I'll never ever fight with you baby. Call me please." It's the tenth voicemail that she sent on his number.

Desperate, she called at his office and everywhere to know where he is.

They could only inform her that yes there was a meeting fixed and they have not got any update from Omkara yet! After the fire broke in it was a land of chaos. She must wait for any latest information.

Soon the noon slipped into the darkness of night, Gauri wandering around the streets in the search of the love of her life!

Sobbing into the corner she wiped her endless tears for the umpteenth time, defeated brutally.

Her mind refused to form that cursed thought that those blurry orbs would not see his beautiful face again. Or hear his innocent voice when he read stories to their only child!

What will she answer to her little one? Why is her Dada not here to make her asleep just as usual?

This must be the way almighty is punishing Gauri for complaining in vain! That too for such a loving husband who worked hard for his family only!

When did she become so vague in her neediness which didn't let her see the selfless love Omkara always bestowed by his presence.

No matter how much tired he is, the smile he had on his face every day when he would see both of them, as if his whole world beamed.

His love never faded rather it grew stronger with each passing day. It's her who's the selfish blind one!

Suddenly someone muffled her guilty screams from behind while tying both her hands as darkness clouded on the visions. Before she would even say a word two men escorted her towards a big Jeep.

As terror stupefied Gauri, her petrified soul tried it's best to project a scream of Omkara's name, only to be carried out as a helpless groan through the thick cover.

Within 30 minutes or so that jeep stopped. Gauri heard the footsteps coming closer as her breath stuck in her throat. She remembered Omkara's warning to never roam around the streets alone carelessly.

Her mind was preoccupied with Omkara to such an extent that she didn't even measure what these people might do to her.

But soon she felt an arm snaking around her belly. This is not how the first time she was picked up in the vehicle.

She wriggled at her best, unflinched that adamant kidnapper scooped her into his arms and started walking in pin drop silence!

Gauri's eyes burned with the abundance of tears she shed as her mouth was freed from the cover.

But before she would even form a word that man put his own familiar hands over her mouth. Standing behind he removed the clothes covering her smooth shoulders. He started planting kisses all over her neck and shoulders as she cried in anguish.

Suddenly when he stretched his huge palm on her stomach, trailing his other hand towards her bosom, Gauri whimpered, " You punished me like this!

At least now take me in your arms.."

A lamenting whisper took his name, "Omkarahh.."

"So my Jaan knows..." He retracted his hands and tightened his grip on her petite frame.

"I know each of your touches Omkara...Your breathing...Your warmth, perfume.." Gauri struggled to move, she was dying to get a glimpse of his sharp features, "And most importantly. Nobody can touch your Chiraiya like this except you..."

"Then why are you crying..." Speaking calmly, Omkara wiped all the tears tainting Gauri's puffy cheeks.

"For being such a bad wife...For hurting you...

I thought I will never see you again...But why did you punish me like this Om?" Her tears were in the incessant wish as she whimpered the answer herself, "I deserve it...If there's any more of the punishment then give that as well...But let me see your face Omkara...Jaan Please!!"

Ignoring her begging Omkara articulated sharply, still hugging her tightly from behind, "I was busy in my meeting at xyz.

That's why my cell was off. Then I received your voicemails and understood that you thought I had the meeting with Dx. So all just clicked right then and there!

However, I made this surprise plan ages ago. To take you away somewhere for our wedding anniversary. Only you and Me. Without a single disturbance.

You think, I don't notice that I am unable to give my Jaan time these days?

Or how my Jaan must have been feeling lonely without me? Tumse zayada(More than You) I need to spend time with you. I miss you that much! Unfortunately, I failed to convey that, it seemed this morning!"

"So. You will kidnap me? Make me believe that you have met with an accident? Do you even know mujhpe kiya beeta ye pura din?(What torture I had to go through this whole day?)"

"Um well, I hope you will not hate this word Sorry but am sorry for making you worried...

Though you only said there is a lack of excitement in our marriage? Getting kidnapped by your own husband shall fulfill your quota of excitement I reckoned!

But. Are you still complaining?

Not to be forgotten that I instructed you to never roam alone on the streets. I guess this was a perfect demonstration of how vulnerable things can get and cost you ample!"

"You are so bad..So so soo bad...

I am a fool don't you know it?? Why take my rubbish talks so seriously? And now taunting too? As if this whole day Punishment wasn't enough?

Please at least now let me see your...your face...Om..."

***

Let me know your feedback through comments, as that determines how you all are perceiving this short story.

[Avoid errors, please. Thanks]

©©All Rights Reserved by @Waveteal 2019©