twenty.

When we got back to the infirmary, Peter was unconscious and had a blanket covering his waist down, his mask still on. Jemma said that all his adrenaline wore off and his body shut down. He was asleep for twenty minutes before he woke back up.

In that twenty minutes, no one said a word. There was such a thick silent tension in the air that no one dared to break. I'm pissed, Lincoln's pissed, and everyone else is probably feeling pretty shitty at the fact that they let Daisy fool them so easily. They went straight for the outsider and the one with the temper and didn't even try to see the actual facts. Like how Daisy was all alone on the mission and in the base when Malick died. And that she knew where that stupid sphere was and how to access it.

Once Peter woke up, the Avengers swarmed him like a bunch of worried parents. He insisted that he was fine and sat up immediately. With his spidey powers came superhuman strength, obviously. Which also means he heals a lot quicker than anyone else.

"Peter," Mack starts, walking closer to him, "Can you walk us through what happened?"

Pete nods and we lock the doors and pull down the blinds. Peter takes off his mask and looks at us, before starting.

-PETER PARKER POINT OF VIEW-

I stumble into my room, closing and locking the door behind me. Okay. Need to call Mr. Stark. Need to let him know what's going on.

I dig through my underwear drawer where I hid the phone and hit send, putting it up to my ear nervously.

"Pete?" he answers immediately, "What's going on? Is everything alright?"

"Mr. Stark!" I exclaim, running my hand through my hair as I hold the phone to my ear, pacing, "They're after Adelaide! I don't know what's going on. The-The lights went out and then there was a huge explosion-"

"On the jet now!" Mr. Stark says to whoever is in the room. I keep explaining.

"-so I went to go find Adelaide and when I did she was surrounded my agents. I tried to go to her and they held me back and said they had to keep me safe. Why would they need to keep me safe from her, sir? I was with her like, ten minutes before and everything was fine. Nothing was going on and then all of a sudden everything was going on and now I don't know where she went and-"

"Peter, take a deep breath," He interrupts me, but I keep talking, "She wanted me to tell you that this was the place from her vision."

"What?" His voice is sharp, "Which one?"

"The one with the long hallway," I repeat her words, not knowing what they mean, "She just told me to hide in my room. She didn't say anything else. She was pulled away and now I don't know where she is."

"Are you in your room?"

"Yes," I say, looking around.

"Good," He answers. "Suit up and block the door. We'll be there in thirty minutes. Do not open that door for anyone but us."

"Not even Adelaide?" I ask.

There's a silence, "Not even Adelaide. Not before we can figure out what's going on."

"But sir-"

"Pete, that's an order," He demands. I hear the jet take off and I know they're on their way.

"Okay, okay," I nod. "Just hurry, please."

"Be there soon, kid."

I hang up the phone and take off my clothes, putting on my suit.  It feels awesome wearing it again. I web the door as an extra barrier in case anyone tries to get in.