thirty one.

"What are you doing here?" Daisy exclaims as she unbuckles the war head.

"Helping you," I start unclasping the other side, "We can push this thing into the jet with our powers."

She nods as we undo the last few belts, the two of us standing back behind it.

"Ready?" I ask. She nods.

The two of us muster our powers together and the warhead jolts forward suddenly, causing us to both let out a surprised chuckle. This is actually going to work.

We manuver the deadly pathogen around the halls until we get to the loading area for the quinjet. We both let out a grunt as we push it up the ramp, letting go once it's completely inside.

We go to each side and start buckling the belts around it again so it stays sturdy when a voice rings from behind us. "Well, isn't this poetic?"

The two of us jump up with a gasp as Hive stands behind us. "The two girls I want most in this world."

Oh, God.

I let out a sigh of defeat. It's my funeral. I'm not going to make it off the jet. I just wish I could of said goodbye to Bucky and Pete.

"Every Inhuman has a purpose," Daisy spits, "Ours is to end you."

"SHIELD has you fighting their wars," Hive shakes his head, "We planned to end wars, remember Daisy? Bring peace."

"No, you want power, not peace," I shake my head, "But not today. The coordinates to this jet have been set. This thing is going to outer space, and you're going with it."

"I still have Ward in my head," Hive smirks, "I'll just manually override the controls."

Shit. Didn't think of that. And by the look on Daisy's face, neither did she.

"That's why I had to come."

My gaze whips to the front, where I see Lincoln sitting in the pilots chair. "I shorted the manual controls."

My eyes widen as he extends both his hands out and Daisy and I are shot back and out of the jet, falling onto the dock. I look up at the jet as it takes off with the warhead, Hive, and Lincoln inside.

"NO!" I scream, my eyes wide in horror and I watch it ascend vertically into the sky, "LINCOLN!"

I look over to Daisy and see her knocked cold. I scramble to my feet, running into the cockpit of the plane.

I go to the communication panel, pressing the button that leads to his quinjet, and picking up the small microphone, "Lincoln? Lincoln, come in."

There's no answer, "Damn it, Lincoln, are you there?!"

"I'm here," He says shakily, "I'm here."

"What are you doing?! Are you insane?!" I shake my head, tears streaming down my face.

"I was the only one who could fry the manual controls," I can hear the fear in his voice, "This is my purpose. I know that now."

I feel my knees grow weak as I fall to the ground, "No. No, this isn't right. This isn't fair. Lincoln- come home, this isn't fair!"

"You know I can't do that, Addie," he gulps, "It's alright. You have your family. You have Pete, and Bucky, and all the Avengers who love you and-"

"I don't care about that. You're my best friend, Lincoln!" I cry, putting my forehead to he microphone, "This isn't supposed to happen."

"You're special to me, Addie" He says, causing a whole new wave of tears to stream down my face, "I wouldn't of been able to get through all of this without you. The universe gave me you these past few months so that I would have the strength to do this."