{+Chapter 3+}

It has been three years since Tim had been dropped off at the hospital. Three years since he had been abandoned. He was 8 now. He had only gotten worse. The boy was now very aware what was wrong with him, and he knew why he should avoid the tall creature he had been seeing. He had also given up on hoping his parents would ever come back. He hadn't seen nor heard from them in the three years he's been in the hospital.

"Alright Timothy, your physical is over, you can head back to your room now." A doctor said. Tim nodded and exited the room where physicals were held. Scarlet was waiting outside the door to walk him back.

"How was it?" She asked as she walked him back to his room.

"Same as any physical..." The 7-year-old didn't feel like talking to anyone. All he wanted to do was get back to his room and curl up in bed. The rest of the walk was silence, Scarlet must have realized there was no point in pursuing conversation with the small child.

Eventually they made it to his room after what seemed like hours. Tim laid on his bed while Scarlet turned the lights off.

"Night, I'm sorry this physical was so late." She said. Damn right it was late. The physical was held at 10:00 PM and it was now 11:45 PM. How did the physical last that long? Well Tim had no clue.

Scarlet left the room and closed and locked the door. They had to lock doors more often because of Tim sneaking out and trying to run away. Tim quietly got out of bed and walked to the door. Usually Scarlet would talk to his parents on the phone once he fell asleep. He wanted to know what she was telling them.

"Hello Mrs.Wright, how are you tonight?" Tim tensed up at the door. He hated his mother for abandoning him without any explanation, but also missed her.

"No, I don't think he'll be able to go home this year, judging by his current state, I think he'll be able to go home when he's 12 or 13, but you could always visit." Tim regularly heard Scarlet trying to push his parents to visit. Of course they never did.

"He's been really upset lately... he wants nothing but to see his parents again." After a few seconds he heard Scarlet sigh.

"Alright, just... maybe try to come for his birthday this year at least? He's only 8, he needs his parents." Another sigh.

"Fine, goodbye Mrs.Wright. I'll give you another update next week." With that Scarlet hung up. Tim scurried back to his bed and laid down. He only ever heard one side of the conversation, but assumed what was happening. Scarlet tried getting his mom to visit, his mom declined, and then they hung up. Tim stopped hoping he would see his family at this point. He learned that hope was pointless.

All he had to look forward too was getting out of the hospital. But he had to wait until he was "12 or 13" as Scarlet had said. The small boy sighed. Only 3 or 4 years away then, since he would be turning 9 in a few days. Maybe his parents would come this year. Most likely not but, Tim wanted to believe there was a chance they would come, small as it may be.

As Tim fell asleep, he replayed the events of when he last saw his mom in his head. God he hated himself for doing that... but he did. It was the last image he had of his home, of his mom. He replayed it again and again in his head until eventually, sleep took over him.

{+A few days later+}

Tim normally tried to ignore his birthday when it came. He honestly didn't see the point anymore. He told the doctors he didn't want his birthday to be celebrated, wanted it like any other normal day. His parents never came. So what was the point? This year wouldn't be any different.

Tim was sitting in bed reading when he heard a knock on the door. "May I come in?" He sighed, he was hoping he was wrong about his parents not showing but it was just Scarlet.

"Sure..." Scarlet opened the door and walked over to Tim, sitting next to him on the bed. She then handed him an envelope.

"It's from your parents. Or at least your mom." Tim looked at the envelope in his hands in shock. Scarlet smiled at him and left the room, closing and locking the door.

Hesitantly, Tim opened the envelope. There was a simple birthday card you could buy at Target or something. His parents wrote that they missed him inside the card. Tim didn't exactly believe the statement. He wanted to, but this being the first he heard from his parents in four years didn't boost any ideas of his parents trying to be good people. He sighed and put the letter and envelope in a trashcan near his bed. 

He didn't care if they were trying. They abandoned him when he was 5 and never visited or called in years. All the other kids saw and spoke to their parents almost daily. Tim couldn't forgive his parents. He wouldn't forgive his parents.

(This chapter was due to come out yesterday but I got wrapped up in the day unexpectedly, sorry about that. Anyways here's chapter 3, chapter 4 will be out tomorrow.)