{+Chapter 8+}

(Hey hey hey, message before the chapter. So, I stated in the description of this story there will be some Brim. Well this chapter is the start of that gud gud Brim. If you don't ship Brim then uh... I'm sorry. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up that it's starting here, mostly Brim fuel, not it becoming cannon in the story, but still Brim content.)

Tim sat on his bed, working on a project on his Chromebook, which for whatever reason he chose to sit on his bed instead of stay at his desk. Brian unfortunately wasn't home, he had gotten a part time job and was there for a night shift. Brian had to quit his old part time job because of the drive between it and the college would take most of the day. Tim was glad he was holding his own, but for some reason he always missed him an immense amount when he wasn't around, almost strictly thinking about him.

Was this normal in a friendship? Tim couldn't tell since this was his first. From his understanding it was normal to miss a friend if they were gone for a while, but was it normal to miss one this much? Tim loved the way Brian lit up his entire day, he wished he could have met him sooner than this. All Tim could think about was how much better his life would've been if he had met Brian sooner.

He sighed and closed the Chromebook, giving up on the project. He couldn't focus so what was the point of attempting to? Tim looked at the clock. It was 6:00 PM, Brian would be home in thirty minutes. Tim let out a sigh. What was wrong with him? Maybe everything. Was it normal to enjoy being with someone to the point you want to do nothing but be with them?

Tim sighed. Maybe it wasn't normal. It wouldn't be the first thing wrong with him. The more Tim thought of it the more crazy he felt. He had never been cared about this much, and had never cared about anyone this much either. He only felt something similar to this his time at the hospital, missing his parents, when he still cared about them, when he still loved them. 

This was different though. The more Tim thought he couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. All he knew is that it was something. Tim heard the door open. Tim sat up and saw Brian come into the dorm.

"Hey Tim." Brian said, his voice sounded a bit tired, but it usually did after he took a long shift at his part time job. 

"Another long day?" Tim asked. Brian nodded and flopped on his bed.

"Too many entitled parents." Tim laughed a bit. Brian got up and sat next to Tim on his bed.

"I can manage that but it's the girls who give me their numbers on napkins that confuse me." He said. Tim gave him a confused look. Brian let out an awkward chuckle.

"Apparently people can't take a hint when I say I'm not really into girls all that too much." Brian said. He had already told Tim he liked guys, Tim said he didn't really ever have a chance to figure out that stuff, so this didn't surprise Tim. Though for some reason it made him feel... happy?

"I think I'm gonna get to bed early Tim, is that okay with you? I know I said we'd hang out but when I'm this tired I don't wanna be a pain." He let out a nervous chuckle after that sentence. 

"Yeah it's fine, you had a long day." Tim replied.

"Thanks Tim." Brian got up and got a change of clothes out of his closet, leaving for the bathroom. Tim leaned against the wall his bed was against, looking at the ceiling, when he heard a strange static noise. 

Tim decided to check if it was from the TV, but when he got there it wasn't as loud. He hesitantly went back to the bedroom and looked out the window. 

Staring back at him was that damned tall creature, right outside the window. Tim started coughing. It was worse than other coughing fits he had. It was more like the first one he had back at the hospital. His ears were ringing so loudly he could barely hear Brian run in, saying something Tim couldn't hear. Tim stumbled over, his side hitting the side of his bed hard, causing him to fall on his knees and hands. He saw blood starting to come out from the coughs, landing on the floor. Brian was trying to talk to Tim, ask him what was wrong maybe? Tim could barely hear him.

He blacked out.

{+Several hours later+}

Tim woke up on his bed with a massive headache. Brian was sitting at the foot of his bed, looking at the floor with a worried expression.

"Bri...an...?" Tim managed to say. Brian looked over with him, relief washed over his face.

"Are you okay Tim? You started having a coughing fit, then starting coughing out blood and then you just, went unconscious." Brian said. Tim rubbed his forehead a bit.

"Why didn't you call 911 or something..?" Tim asked.

"I tried to, all the phones I could find didn't work. I tried calling 911, but every time I would just get static." He said.

Tim sat up, rubbing his forehead some more.

"I took a sick day for us, off of classes and my work." Tim let out a sigh.

"You didn't have to-"

"You aren't in a condition to go to classes after what happened, and I didn't want to leave you alone in case it happened again." Brian interrupted. Tim sighed. Why did Brian care so much about him?

"How are you feeling?" He asked. Tim shrugged.

"Bad headache... lungs ache a bit but other than that I'm fine." Tim replied. Brian let out a relieved sigh and flopped back on Tim's bed.

"Good, I was worried you were like dying or something. I'm glad I was just overthinking and you didn't cough up your liver or something." Brian let out a nervous laugh.

"Hey you're stuck with me Brian. Also, how could I cough out my liver?" Brian laughed in response.

"I have no clue." He managed to get out in between laughs. Tim started laughing with him.

"You're so weird." Tim said.

"That's why I'm so awesome." Brian replied, sitting up. Tim let out another small laugh.

"I won't deny that." The pair laughed a bit more, as if what just happened never did happen.

One thing Tim knew for sure, he was glad as hell he chose to go to this college.