CHAPTER 2: I Have Changed

LARKIN

While stretching in bed after waking up, I grab my phone and take a look at my Instagram as well as the latest gossip that people have said recently. Which I find pretty entertaining.

After waking myself up a little more, I get up and get dressed to get ready for a meeting with the real estate agent for the warehouse I am buying here in Los Angeles, California to hold all of my products including my new clothing line that's about to be coming out soon.

I know that today I was supposed to have a meeting with some girl that my co-owner and best friend, Nate, likes and somehow had convinced me to promoting her at the gym.

I figured that since he has never let me down before about if a product is good or not, since I always try it out and see he was right anyways, then I can trust him on this.

Right now, I start heading downstairs to meet with the agent and I'm real excited about all of this because of the people I am working with to help make the water bottles and other accessories other than clothes to sell my name.

After I chose what warehouse and was heading back to my hotel room, I get a call from Nate.

"Hey man." I answer.

"Hey bro. What's up?!" He asks.

"Not much. I just got done picking out a warehouse for our products. It's real big." I tell him.

"Awesome! Can't wait to see it." He says.

"Yeah, me neither." I tell him.

"Well, I wanted to call to first of all thank you for allowing me to help out the girl I like and her products." He says.

"It's cool." I tell him.

"Yeah and the products are really good. She definitely has potential." He tells me. "But the reason I called is because I've got some good news for you and lets say we can call this even." He mentions.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"You know that girl you bullied before and haven't stopped thinking about ever since?"

"Yeah." I reply trying to hide the excitement of the hope that he's not screwing with me.

"She's Kylie's best friend and happens to be helping her on the business aspect. Plus, I gave her a free membership for life to the gym." He tells me.

"Are you serious? It's THE Kamille? I swear if you're fucking with me I'll beat your ass." I tell him.

"I'd never do that to you bro. Especially when it comes to this." He assures me.

"Wow. Well, damnit, I come back in another week." I tell him.

"Don't worry, it'll be cool, she'll still be around." He chuckles.

"She better be man." I tell him.

"Yeah well, I've gotta get going but thought you should know and also, she doesn't live too far away from the gym and not to mention, she owns a bakery." I can hear the grin in his voice.

"Damn. That's awesome." I reply in amazement.

"Hell yeah it is. In fact, Kylie and I are gonna head over afterwards to eat some of her delicious food. You should check it out when you come back." He suggests.

"I definitely will." I reply.

Next we hang up after saying 'bye' to each other and after entering my hotel room and plopping down onto the bed while unbuttoning the top few buttons and start thinking about the times I would be pissed off at myself for ever caring more about my reputation than her. Especially when she was the new girl. Which I remember that day perfectly.

She was curvy, sexy, had long dark hair, was shy and timid along with being the most beautiful thing in the world. I was hooked the moment I saw her.

At the time, I had become so popular because I had been since the sixth grade and all my friends I had grown up went to high school with me so I was already popular. According to my parents and family, I grew up thinking that popularity was everything and without that, you were nothing.

Well, I used to be a nothing actually, all throughout elementary. I was bullied everyday from second grade until sixth after my mother was killed by a drunk driver. I shut down, didn't eat, so I quickly became skeletal boy and was picked on for being too skinny.

Then before starting sixth grade, I decided that Summer that enough was enough and since my cousin was living with us and had been for a few years at that point cause he was a trouble maker and his parents kicked him out, he helped me workout and build some muscle.

In fact, he has been someone I had looked up to all my life and I wanted to be just like him. Then after getting caught up in playing off his image, that's how I ended up in jail a couple of times by the tenth grade and realized I was turning into something I wasn't.

Though back to Kamille. I knew she always liked me and I did really like her. I liked the way I felt whenever I was around her. We had most of our classes together and all I could think about was how my image would be ruined if I were to even befriend her.

It wasn't until Senior year that I had backed off more but my friends became more ruthless than before towards her.

This time though, whenever I noticed them picking on her and especially physically hurting her, I made sure I gave them a taste of their own medicine. Eventually they backed off but the damage had already been done.

I didn't know most of the time the severity in what all my friends at the time did to her. Then when I found out, I became more and more distant from them. It wasn't right.

Though there's no excuse for what I did, she's all that I think about and I have prayed that I could get a second chance with her to try and show her I have changed. I don't expect it to be easy but she would be worth it.

In fact, the entire concept of me doing what I'm doing is inspired by people who were like me in finding it hard to be healthy and gain the weight they need to along with needing help to lose weight and feel better.

I hope she uses her gym pass.....

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)