CHAPTER 6: She Went There

LARKIN

After Nate told me where Kamille's bakery was at, I left the gym early and had him close for me.

I didn't have much time but am glad that I ran. Then once I got in, I felt the tension with her glaring at me. After she set down the half a cookie sheet worth of brownie, my mouth started to water as I have not eaten sugar that goes into this kind of stuff, especially a brownie, in years.

I knew how this was going to affect my stomach, but I didn't care. I had actually missed dinner and it just smelled so good.

I devoured it quicker than I had anticipated but it was just too damn good not to. After I was finished with it, I noticed she looked surprised. Then offered me milk and o course, what could go better. But I just hoped she had some lactose free kind. Which before I could say anything to her about it, I noticed she was walking over lactose free kind. So I smiled at her.

I took it and started gulping it down while looking at her out the corner of my eye as she turned her back to face me to start putting things up.

My stomach started to get upset with me but I just ignored it.

"So how long have you been opened?" I ask trying to make a conversation.

"A while." She says.

"That's cool." I replied. "So Kylie's products, have you tried them?" I ask as I take another drink from the milk.

I hear her sigh loudly and turn around to face me.

"Listen, I have to close soon. So can you please just take your milk and leave?" She says very rudely.

Now, I know I deserve this but at the same time, how can I make anything up to her if she acts like this? There's only so much I can take. This in fact is almost how my ex girlfriend in high school at the time was. And I hated that. Which was one of the big reasons why I broke up with her before prom and the other was cause I was sick of her treating others, in particular, Kamille like shit. Damn, now I was getting irritated. It's a huge turnoff to me and if she wanted it to be like this then fine.

"What's your problem?" I asked more assertively than I meant to.

"Seriously? Okay, I'll tell you, you made my high school years a living hell and unbearable. Not to mention that my self esteem has been down ever since and right as I start thinking there's hope of me forgetting all about you and my past, YOUR ass shows up and then all those emotions and feelings and painful memories start coming back. And for you to walk up in here trying to be nice and show that you have changed in some form, well, sorry but, I'm not buying it. You're an asshole. You will ALWAYS be an asshole and never grow. But then again, I guess it runs in the family right? In fact, I'm surprised you didn't end up like your father." She says while folding her arms in front of her chest with satisfaction and a smile on her face while looking at me and then a hint of regret for saying that.

I can't believe she had brought up my father. I wanted nothing to do with him but had no choice in high school but I couldn't since he was my legal guardian after my mother died when I was five from committing suicide. So that cut me deep. So I fight back the tears and try to hold in the anger I feel right now.

So I stand up abruptly and take out some cash, and slam the money on the counter.

"Look, I know I was an asshole to you and I didn't stop my friends at times. But if you think for one second that people can't change then you're wrong. But when you bring up personal shit purposely to hurt others, just so that you can get pleasure for your ego on your revenge kick or whatever you have going on, it doesn't make you any better."

I start stomping towards the door and then right before I open it up, I turn to look at her one more time.

"You may not want to come to the gym and that's fine, but then give us back the gym membership and we will give it to someone who actually is serious about being healthy." I tell her harshly before leaving and slamming the door behind me.

I then get in my car and begin taking off towards my place. If that's all she see's me at, as a monster bully still, then that's what I will be. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Plus I don't have time for any more drama than I already have in my life with the business and not to mention the 'debt' my father had left for me that he owed the mafia after they killed him a couple of years ago.

Come to think of it also, maybe he was right after all, girls are not important and are only good for a few things, with love not being one of them.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)